America's fastest roads...

-
Surprised I 15 in Utah is not on there. There is a section where it is posted 80mph, or at least it was last thru there. Everytime I go thru there most people are going over 90.....

I65 Indiana 80-85 in a 65. There are people that even go 90. Same goes for that same road in Kentucky and half way through Tenn. So basically from Gary to Nashville, 80 mph on I65. If there's not a lot of traffic.*

*disclaimer

Interesting that three of the 12 (#4, #7, and #8) are all within a couple of miles of each other right here in Orange County, SoCal.

And...did it make you wonder who/what INRIX is?

From Wikipedia: INRIX is a traffic services and mobile app company providing historical and real-time traffic information to businesses and individuals in the United States and Europe. INRIX was founded by former Microsoft employees Bryan Mistele and Craig Chapman in July 2004 and headquartered in Kirkland, Washington.
INRIX collects information about roadway speeds from over 5 million trucks, delivery vans and other fleet vehicles equipped with GPS satellite locator devices as well as consumer cellular GPS-based devices including the iPhone, Android (operating system), BlackBerry and Windows Phone phones, Ford SYNC and Toyota Entune. The data collected from these sources is processed in real-time, creating traffic speed information for major freeways, highways and arterials across the United States, Canada and the European Union. The company keeps a database of variables that affect traffic, including weather forecasts, special events, school schedules and road construction, and combines them with the real-time probe data collected. INRIX uses software originally exclusively licensed from Microsoft to turn those variables into traffic predictions.

...and you thought you weren't being watched! Big Brother is keeping an eye on you. Ha!

Now you know why my cell is an OLD one.

Of course, I guess that is why Florida is probably not on the list. :scratch::scratch:

-
Back