An Aussie Mopar guy.

-

Deecee

Reaction score
Hi all, i been lurking for a while, about time i said G'day.
I am a Mopar guy and a have a severe plastic addiction for building model cars, especially Mopars.
I own a 66 VC Valiant sedan , with a mild 360/727 and just finished doing up a 67 VC Ute, with a 245 Hemi 6, which i pulled out of a barn a couple of years ago. I will put up some pics when i work out how to do it, would love to have one of your US Mopar's, but they cost as much as a house down this end of the world, so i will just have to make do.

Cheers guys, Dale

well for CHRISTS sakes Dale its about time you said HI!

Glad to see you over here! :burnout:

<---- Big Ears man! LMAO :glasses7:

Gidday mate, good to see another aussie in here. Pics will be most welcome.

Cheers John, and Vallo440, and yes, good to see us Aussies all over the world mate, i have worked out the photo thing guys, and will just have to get stuck into this place, first i will have a good look around, and drool at all these USA MOPARS!! :)

Glad ta see ya here man! Great bunch, good admin. (They put up with my loada **** at times), so..... Been here awhile to, have a look around A LOT to drool over your gonna need more then a damned towel here I can tell you that right off da bat! More like a 55 gallon drum LOL

PLUS jokes model section (AS WELL) and some good ole girly stuff, nothing "bad" but nice to look at and a cleaned up "garage" atmosphere, for the most part..... A lot of the twisted jokes you seen from me "elsewhere" came from here! :D

Thank you very much for the welcome guys, here are a couple of pics.
The sedan was built up in the 70's originally, then rebuilt and painted about 20 years ago. I brought it about 8 years ago, it runs a mild 360 / 757, i have tidied up the engine bay a fair bit since i got it, and bigger cooling etc, she's a great cruiser and sounds very tough.

try again

Attachments

• DSCF1340.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF1339.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF1341.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 132
And my 67 VC Ute, i pulled out of a barn about 2 1/2 years ago, it had been used as to tow a twin horse float for many years and belonged to the Wife, hence the pink paint.
It runs a mild 245 Hemi 6, with the good ol' 3 on the tree shifter.

Attachments

• VAL 015.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 128
  • VAL 011.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 120
  • VAL 010.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 95
And this is 2 years of hard work, with everything done by myself, i am not a body guy, or ever been a painter, but i could not afford to pay anybody to do it for me, besides , where is the satisfaction in that.! I learnt to weld, and also had a crack with the air brush, i figured if i could do this sort of thing on a model car, how hard could it bee??? WOW! Was i in for a shock. :-s But it all worked out in the end. :)

It has been lowered in the rear about 2" since these pics too.

Attachments

• DONE 001 (1).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DONE 002.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DONE 003.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 112
  • 013 (2).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 116
  • DEVONPORT 2015 045.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 117
welcome aboard 'mate'!! both cars are Very Nice. I would love to get my hands on one of them Ute's!!! they're just COOL

Damn it Dale, I have ta say that UTE is DA **** man! (plus it has a Hemi-6 in it!!!!!).. So "you" of all people, KNOW I'd be all over that flies on ****! :burnout:

-just can't help myself Dale! That UTE is just......different from any of the American Mopars I'm used to seeing.....AND it has a BED! Better then the Brand X cars, the El Camino, and the Ranchero's...... To bad they were in the US like you guys got 'em! :(

-WITH the SAME engine in it! :burnout: I know, I know, I'm dreamin', but thats OK......

-
Back