AN Fittings????

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
What the heck is up with them i dont understand them at all,i got my fuel cell in last week,now i need to sit down and order my Fuel pump, reg,line,fitler,and them stupid fittings that i dont understand!What do the numbers mean?And what do i need for a 3/8 alum. line?Im going with this set up - 16 gal. fuel cell,Cut off valve,filter,fuel pump,???,then up to my engine bay into my fuel reg,then into my carb.Hows that all sound?Help me out if theres a better way to go about this?Im gonna buy 3/8 alum line,should i use the line on all the stuff?or sould i use flex line befor the pump,then hard line after the pump up to the front of the car?help me sourt all this out,and let me know whats the best way to do all this?
MIKE :afro:

summit sells a complete kit ,fuel cell to carb,all the an fittings the whole set up!part # sum-pumpkit7a $268 this kit has everything including the pump so theres no f@#$ing around!

Zombie. Im guessing the -6an and -8an is confusing you. -6 is about the size of 3/8" line -8 is about 1/2"

Your cell has -8 fittings in the sump. You'll want to get a -8 to -6 fitting. run -6 to your filter and pump then run the 3/8 aluminum line to the carb.
Check out the kits that summit sells. They come with a bunch of fittings.

From the looks of that kit you'll also need the fuel cell to filter kit # SUM-TANKKIT1 also. Most fuel cells have -8 fittings coming out of them. If you have enough -6 braided line in the main kit you could use a -8 straight swivel coupler ( Russells # 640010) and -8 to -6 reducer (Russells #661770) instead of the fuel cell to filter kit. Do we have you totally confused now :scratch:

Adam posted while I was still typing mine so I didn't see what he said, but yeah what he said :D If you were going -8 and 1/2" line I have alot of extras. My fuel system changed before I could install any of it. My new system is -10 and 5/8" aluminum line so most of the -8 and 1/2" stuff I got I'm not going to use. Out of over $400 worth of fittings and other stuff I'm only going to use 4 -8 straight hose ends to go from the regulator to the carb. You could also check out hppt://www.russellperformance.com for more info on braided lines and stuff.

Adam i know u just got all your stuff,Right?What all did u get and and how are u goin about the set up,i dont know if u are running a cut off valve,or a filter,how would i go about setting them up what comes first,starting from the fuel cell?
MIKE :afro:

Zombie Im running pretty much what I said above. I bought the summit pumpkit.

-
Back