And here's another one... Thanks Desert Car Kings

-
If you have ever seen the cable TV show Desert Kings, one episode is about a 64 Barracuda that they restored back to life and what was interesting was just what the rear window alone is worth!

one idiot talking about a bunch of other idiots..

One thing I did notice is the console and shifter seem to be 66 or later.

I used to live near Turner's near Fresno, CA. There were several 64-66's there, and the rear windows were $50-$100. In fact, most wrecking yards I've been able to find them in, they've been around that price. Some of the "Prouder" yards will charge $300-$350.

I used to live near Turner's near Fresno, CA. There were several 64-66's there, and the rear windows were $50-$100. In fact, most wrecking yards I've been able to find them in, they've been around that price. Some of the "Prouder" yards will charge $300-$350.

had that glass years ago and couldn't give the damn thing away.. know why that was.. every one said they never break.. and ya know what, all the years i have been going through various yars i have never seen one of those windows that were broken.. thats one tough piece of glass.. i did hear one you take it out of the car and lay it like its in the pic that it doesn't fit right again because it warps. not sure how true that is..

I actually found how they made them. They had a form that they would lay a flat piece of glass over and heat the glass until it draped down over the form. It would make sense that it could warp a little if left sitting the way it is in that pic, especially out in the sun.

had that glass years ago and couldn't give the damn thing away.. know why that was.. every one said they never break.. and ya know what, all the years i have been going through various yars i have never seen one of those windows that were broken.. thats one tough piece of glass.. i did hear one you take it out of the car and lay it like its in the pic that it doesn't fit right again because it warps. not sure how true that is..

Yup, my dad tried to sell one at a Mopar show for $25 and couldn't sell it, he then put "FREE" on it and some guy came running for it, he got it to fit inside his car, crammed it into his back seat, it was worth it to see how he somehow got it to fit!! LOL

I have seen only one broken one in a 65 Cuda, I know where there are atleast 20 of them, not rare at all. My dad still has one left, he was tempted to smash it and sweep it into the trash.

I am listing this car for a friend

Yeah, right! I guarantee he bought it at the auction where it sits. You can see the sign for the next auction in the background. He's a dealer, why else would you have to pays him sales tax and doc fees? :cwm10:

You've gotta be effing kidding me!!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Not only does he want $3000 for this, in the description he states it will fit 64-67 models! The Bullsh*t flag has officially been raised!!!

I've seen complete, decent driving 64-66's cars, with good glass for that.

the first pic has the old price partially wiped off, but the third has a price of $2500 across the windshield... NO F'n Way I would give that for that car. although, finished, I do like em...

I live a few hours from these guys and while they have an incredible yard full of any make/model you want, and are kind enough to let you walk through it their prices can be a bit silly. It is absolutely car guy disneyland. I walked through one time and picked up (4) hammered/hacked chrome lug nuts off the front seat of a w250 pick-up to replace some worn out wheel locks with these chrome ones that matched mine. Not only were they a bit upset that I removed them, which I didn't, in fact couldn't due to no tools, but with a straight face told me they needed $5 each for these far from nice chrome lug nuts. So I was like you know these are only a buck apiece brand new at any tire/wheel shop. There response was I should buy them there, and I did. I haven't been back since.

Thanks Dipsh*t Car Kings!!!

Eeyup!

now Please, Jason from DVAP.. PLEASE post the same blanket statement like you had in the past on 3 seperate threads. Please make an *** of yourself again. I could use the laugh.

-
Back