And Now For Something Completely Different

-
View attachment 1715882342

Best of 2019: Take A Closer Look At The Larry Peternel Imperial Pro Stocker! - BangShift.com
Some of the more obscure Mopars make cool race cars.

1617544_10200453320454254_1546478607_o.jpg

1393472_4910336894857_625404520_n.jpg

Last edited:
I actually know where about 5 81-83 Imperials sit less than an hour from me, they haven’t moved in over a decade. Perfect candidates for a drag car, to gut their sun baked interiors, and if the bodies haven’t rotted during the 10 + years since I last eyeballed them I’m seriously planning on paying one old guy in particular who has 3 of them a visit.

....."different" comin from the guy who races a VAN. lol

....."different" comin from the guy who races a VAN. lol
Did I ever mention I also had an 83 Rampage that I actually liked? The wife couldn’t stand it, said she wouldn’t drive it. She did! And I used to lmao watching out the window as she’d drive off in it to run errands!:rofl:

Did I ever mention I also had an 83 Rampage that I actually liked? The wife couldn’t stand it, said she wouldn’t drive it. She did! And I used to lmao watching out the window as she’d drive off in it to run errands!:rofl:
Man those things are cool. I like your van better, though.

I never cares for the 80's shoe box mopars except the GLH and GLHS omnis. I hate the Malibu's and Fairmont's too. Its like look at my sleeper that's not a sleeper.

Maybe if they were original looking with a Quiet Turbo V8 hidden inside. But an in your face box car? I could think of much better bodies to build a 80's race car out of. I just don't like the look of those cars. Thats may be just me?.

That may be just me?.

Definitely. :poke: Actually it’s no different than not liking the jelly bean designed cars of the 90’s (to early 2000’s?) Fugly stuff there.
I also fancy an Aries/Reliant station wagon done up pro street style. imperial, K-Car station wagon. Yup. :realcrazy:

Not a Mopar but this is my friends Fairmont , just finished last year after wrecking his similar one , Cleveland Ford power runs 9.30s on alcohol , built by the same guy that did my spring relocation and mini tubs years ago. He went from N.J. to Texas to find the body and it still has its original paint. PT Cruiser in background is a turbo model .. runs low 15s

96645243-78C8-4D11-BE21-72A12E3DD6BF.jpeg

Last edited:
This is my 80's shoe box I put together in the 90's. 372 inch W2 small block, pump gas street car, ran 10.80's to 11.0's depending on weather and track prep. It actually was a very comfortable car to ride around in.
1207191125.jpg
It actuly

Man those things are cool. I like your van better, though.
A friend of mine had the Shelby version of a rampage back in 1985. That was a very cool ride, even with the anemic 2.2 non turbo. The five speed with the Shelby shifter and lower final drive gearing helped a lot though.

Last edited:
-
Back