Annular Ring for early converter to later crank info???

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, cosgig here! I'm coming up on doing my engine swap, but I need an annular ring spacer that goes between my early torque converter snout and my later 340 crank!! I know I can buy one from T-Flite Patty, but with a retired machinist with a machine shop living next door, I would prefer to save the money and have him make one! I have a couple questions to anyone who can provide any info....

(1) What material are they made of?
(2) Does anyone have a picture of one?
(3) Can anybody measure one up? Things like the ID, OD and width?
(4) Is there a chamfer on the outside to make it easier for the converter to slip into?

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks for any and all replies!! Geof

IIRC it was a 1/8 thick ring. Ill have to check as I think I got both in the garage...

OK here are the specs: 65 273 register 1.550 68 convertor snout 1.808
so you need ~.129 thick bushing or 1/8 with a little wiggle room, maybe knurled. Id imagine 1/2 deep would be fine

I dont think it needs to be an interference fit but those specs are pretty close with a dial caliper. Suppose brass would be good as its easy to machine, or whatever he has. AL may gall.

IIRC it was a 1/8 thick ring. Ill have to check as I think I got both in the garage...

OK here are the specs: 65 273 register 1.550 68 convertor snout 1.808
so you need ~.129 thick bushing or 1/8 with a little wiggle room, maybe knurled. Id imagine 1/2 deep would be fine

I dont think it needs to be an interference fit but those specs are pretty close with a dial caliper. Suppose brass would be good as its easy to machine, or whatever he has. AL may gall.

Many thanks Pishta, once again the lords of FABO have come through in fine fashion!!! Geof

-
Back