anothe valve body question

-

shiifty_dart

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I need some help I have a 1966 727 that I changed the front pump out on and the input shafts but I have a 76 I used as a donor I just wanted to know if the valve body will interchange?

thanks shiifty

The valve body will interchange but what pump did you use? The 76 pump? The early trans. like yours used a 1/2" wide front clutch carrier to reaction support bushing where-as the later units (70 and up) used a 1" wide bushing so you have to change both those parts for it to work. The input splines are also a different count old to new so if you put a newer input shaft in you'll need to also change the converter to match.

I used the 76 entire front pump and reaction shaft. I used everything in front of the output shaft. That should allow me to use the newer 24 spline converter

I used the 76 entire front pump and reaction shaft. I used everything in front of the output shaft. That should allow me to use the newer 24 spline converter

OK, you'll be fine. Since you didn't mention that at first I didn't know you swapped everything out.

BTW: did you check the end play afterwards?

-
Back