Another 1964 Dart

-

jysnflem

Reaction score
Well I have yet another 1964 Dart in the stable. I was watching this one on e-bay and it never sold. I contacted the seller after the auction was up and made him a offer of $2300 and he accepted. This car was in California, but has a Arizona title. It's a very light blue car, but was a light mint green originally. My wife asked me why I would want another 1964 Dart lol. You guys know why I bought it. Anyways she supported me in buying it. I would love to tear the car apart and start the project but for now I'm just going to enjoy it. The car runs pretty good and puts off good heat. I just checked the brake shoes and there good. So for now its just waiting for spring. Jayson

1964SEDAN.jpg

1964SEDAN1.jpg

1964SEDAN2.jpg

1964SEDAN3.jpg

1964SEDAN4.jpg

Nice find. That sounds like a good deal. What are you going to do to it? Restore to stock or put a V-8 in it mabby? Good luck with the build and have fun with it.

Right now I'm not going to do anything but enjoy it. Its a future project car that may see a minitub and cage for the track. Jayson

She's a dandy!!!!!! Nice find. Toolmanmike

Looks just like mine when I picked it in Phoenix, AZ. Same model. Same interior color as mine. As you can see I changed the exterior but will keep the interior blue

64 Dart Side view.jpg

WOW!!She,s a beauty,looks to be in really good shape and the price..$2300.Man you guys are lucky to have some nice rust-free cars in your area!Nice grab!

WOW!!She,s a beauty,looks to be in really good shape and the price..$2300.Man you guys are lucky to have some nice rust-free cars in your area!Nice grab!
LOL I live in Michigan and we don't have rust free cars here. That's why I had to have it shipped here from California. Jayson

LOL I live in Michigan and we don't have rust free cars here. That's why I had to have it shipped here from California. Jayson
O.K I see your in the same boat as me,rusty or rebuilt junk all around.I had my 66 Dart shipped up from Alabama,but if I had seen that car or one in similar condition,I would have jumped at the chance.Nice buy!!:cheers:

Nice Dart!!! Good deal on it also..I did the same as you, contacted the seller after it didn't sell on ebay. Had mine shipped from Maryland to Western New York 5 yrs. ago. A head turner at cruise-ins and shows. We had it painted and put in a new black interior. Good Luck with yours!!!!

dart4.JPG

dart3.JPG

They are out there. I looked at a 62 Dart wagon today that was in really good shape and it was a driver.

That car looks mint!!I love that colour also!
Yes the car is pretty nice a very good start, but still has some of the typical problem areas I see on the early darts. The rear window corner shows a little trouble and the rear fenders where the wheel throws the water. I've seen other western cars with the same problem areas must have been a bad design the way water would collect and sit. But all in all I would say its 95% rust free car. I just couldn't believe how nice the trunk was saved by the un dercoating. Something else I thought was odd it's a 170 model with power steering. The color is pretty different but the original mint green wow. There's someone locally near me that show up at one of the cruises with a 1963 dart that's the same mint green. Does anybody know what this powder blue color was called by dodge?Jayson

Check your data plate/trim plate if you have it.

I am a little confused, due to the mention of the light blue and light green.

CC is light blue FF is light green JJ is Aqua. The first letter is lower paint and second letter is top paint due to some two tone paint schemes. Two of the same letter mean upper and lower is the same color. (one color paint scheme).

Looks like FF light green...nice car...you will love it.

Check your data plate/trim plate if you have it.

I am a little confused, due to the mention of the light blue and light green.

CC is light blue FF is light green JJ is Aqua. The first letter is lower paint and second letter is top paint due to some two tone paint schemes. Two of the same letter mean upper and lower is the same color. (one color paint scheme).

Looks like FF light green...nice car...you will love it.
The car is currently light blue ,but is a very old repaint. In the engine compartment some of that light blue has flaked off and you can see aqua underneath it. Also in the trunk it's the aqua color and has never been repainted so it appears. Here's the trim tag numbers
0117 6115 711 L1B CCD
BDY TRM PNT. So according to the trim tag it's light blue CCD? I'm confused now because I pretty positive the trunk color inside is aqua. Maybe some one swapped the trim tag. Jayson

Looks like you picked up a real cream puff. Let me know when you are going to sell it. I'm sure my son will let me store it at his house until I can ship it down here to Florida. That is, if he gets his 68 Valiant on the road.

Nice car...............
Alan

Looks like you picked up a real cream puff. Let me know when you are going to sell it. I'm sure my son will let me store it at his house until I can ship it down here to Florida. That is, if he gets his 68 Valiant on the road.

Nice car...............
Alan
Hey Alan how are you? Yes it's a real cream puff. My daughters snow suit is the same color lol. It's defintely an eye catcher color for a car. How's your B-body coming along? Hopefully in 15 years my daughter might be interested in old cars and we'll have a car for her to dive into. Jayson

Those 15 years will pass in no time. Both of our kids are in their 30's. Been retired from Chrysler for 6 years already. Time really flies.

The D/Dart is still here. Been in contact with the 2nd owner of the car and he's going to send me some photos and info on the car in the next couple of days. He said he ran it in J/Stock Automatic when he had it. He didn't know what times he ran. That was 40 some years ago.

The '64 Belvedere is still up in the air --- on the hoist. Should start working on it again next week. The wife's been on my case. Gotta send the hood hinges out and have them rebuilt. They are a little, actually, really sloppy. Once I get them back, I'll be able to align the front sheet metal up. There's a lot of other things I can do on it in the meantime - like block sanding.

We'll be up in Roseville the weekend of March 28th. Any car shows that weekend?

Alan

Might make some of you guys kinda mad, but i picked up mine for a wopping $1.00.
Bodys straight,minimum rust, and i mean minimum, everything but turn signals in front, tail light lens, and a 170 logo is missing.
DSCN3041.jpg

DSCN3044.jpg

DSCN3046.jpg

DSCN3047.jpg

DSCN3049.jpg

DSCN3048.jpg

DSCN3062.jpg

-
Back