Another 408 Validation

-

WarHammer

Reaction score
Hello all. Doing my first engine build and just looking for some insight for those more experienced than I.
I have a 1972 360 that is at the machine shop. It will be bored .30 over and get the normal treatment of dip, plugs, bearings, and zero decked. I have found what I think is a good stroker kit (eagle esp 20502; cast crank, i beam rods 3/8 arp studs, mahle forged -.16cc dish pistons, internal balanced assembly) that will achieve 10.6:1 compression ratio. Additionally the top end will have edelbrock performer rpm heads, rpm air gap intake, edelbrock rpm cam and lifter set (318 exhaust, 308 intake, .488 lift, 112 lobe sep), going with Felpro wire ring head gasket at .039 compressed and 4.180 bore. The primary use is street/strip.

Just looking for insight as to if this is accurate and if it's a good build choice for my intended application.

Not a big fan of Eagle anything.

I’m really not an Eagle fan either but I ran 6.0’s with my Eagle 422 crank and rods. It will be going in a friends build soon. But I would take an Eagle CAST crank like he’s using even if you gave it to me and delivered it. I don’t like the 3/8 rod bolts he’s using either.

I’m really not an Eagle fan either but I ran 6.0’s with my Eagle 422 crank and rods. It will be going in a friends build soon. But I would take an Eagle CAST crank like he’s using even if you gave it to me and delivered it. I don’t like the 3/8 rod bolts he’s using either.
There are so many better quality cranks on the market today even if they cost more. I’ve heard to many eagles have snapped.

There are so many better quality cranks on the market today even if they cost more. I’ve heard to many eagles have snapped.

Trust me it wouldn’t have been my first choice. It came new and balanced with 360-1 Indy heads, cam, pistons, rings, bearings, and an R3 block ready to assemble for 7000.00. A Molnar crank and rods will be going in it hopefully this winter. They are sitting here ready to go get balanced when I get pistons.

Pretty mild build . So unless he is launching with a 4sp and sticky tires I doubt there be an issue. That being said if costs are close try going with a more reputable brand .
For a street car probably wouldn’t be any issues.

Torque monster ! Great for a driver !

In my opinion eagle has terrible reputation.
I would buy a scat kit long before an eagle. Molnar would be my first choice at a reasonable price point. (Meaning no Bryant $5000 cranks and the rest).

-
Back