Another 408 Validation

-
Let's second guess Herb since we are much smarter.......Eagle failures? show us the info, I ran the snot out of 416 with those despicable parts...must be lucky.
Cam selection looks a bit light even for me, typically everyone over-cams the stoker and then wonders why it is so lazy
Exhaust manifolds on eddy heads?? If using the 68-70 340 left side it will not fit without grinding
Over-cams a stroker? I'm 251/[email protected] in my 408 and I'd say I could easily add 10 deg more duration. It is VERY responsive even with a Super Victor intake. The longer stroke tends to eat duration IMO. If I do it over or re-cam it, it will have more duration than what I've got!

Thanks for all the inputs everyone. Definitely given me much to consider. The cam i known is a bit weak but it came with the heads and intake I bought so I figured it will be okay as an interim solution. There will always be a desire to upgrade things down the road I'm sure and that'll be on the list. As for headers I'll be running Doug's long tube. I've got some time with the block still being serviced and all so still time to search for parts before pulling the trigger.

-
Back