Another Addition to my Mopar Fleet.

-

Mopardude

Reaction score
duster.jpg

Yea its been sitting in an open barn very close to fields, for a few years. If I gave it a good wash job it might actually look pretty good under all that grime.

71 Duster

Was orignally a slant 6 car but the motor is gone. Car is just a rolling chassis at this point. Missuori car very solid. Front and rear was up graded to large bolt pattern. Has an 8 3/4 rear end but no pig. I am thinking that the axels have to be after market if they are large bolt pattern. I will get some better pics later. My nosey neighbor was out and he is a wannabe mechanic for a living. I didn't want him to come over and strike up a conversation with me about all the stupid **** he would do to it. So I snapped the one pic and ran back inside.

Here are some of my ideas for the car at this point.

1 Gets a big block and made into a race car. But I like cars I can drive on the street and I am more of a small block guy so I dunno how likely I am willing to do this.

2. I have a 318 and 904 laying around to make a nice cruiser out of since my dart sport I am building it into more of a Street/Strip car.

3. Find a 4.7 liter from a newer dakota or whatever and beef it up some maybe a turbo! I like this idea best except I dunno how hard of a project this is going to be.

Tim, nice score! I say big block, and a 727 from you know who, for a little street/strip action!

:salut:

How the hell do you guys find these 'barns'? :scratch: I want to find one.

GotDart said:
How the hell do you guys find these 'barns'? :scratch: I want to find one.

I agree. Where DO you guys find this stuff???? Looks like a nice clean car. Drop a warmed-over slant 6 running a turbo & nitrous in it. That'll stand out in a crowd! Not to mention probably net you a few sheckles for your pockets at the old stop-light Gran Prix :wink:

Well it seems like you owe your contact a beer or lunch or something for steering you right into a sweet deal. Good luck with the car :thumleft:

FASTBACK340 said:
Well it seems like you owe your contact a beer or lunch or something for steering you right into a sweet deal. Good luck with the car :thumleft:

Allready took care of that! :eek:ccasion:

YUP, had the beer, Thanks Tim!
Remember that is Dekalb County IL dirt on that car, the finest in the country!!! Scrape it off and put it in your garden and good things will happen :wink: The car was from Joplin, MO. and the barn is my wifes grandmas barn, there's more where that came from...

gts340 said:
Forgot to say, Nice Dart Sport you had there too!

Thanks! I have put a lot of blood sweat and tears into her and she still has a long ways to go yet.

gts340 said:
The car was from Joplin, MO. and the barn is my wifes grandmas barn, there's more where that came from...

:scratch: Well I would like to add to my little Mopar collection. :mrgreen: And I bet I could buy you a beer (or bunches of beer) if "theres more where that came from"!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I don't want to speak for GTS340 because I am not sure what he is willing to sell. Although I think his buddy that I bought the duster from has another duster he is going to sell from the sounds of it.

-
Back