Another Blueprint Engine Delay

-
No actually , tell us !
If I separated our market demand into simply GM/Ford/Chrysler I'd guess 65% GM 25% Blue Oval and 10% Chrysler.
Wish it was more. Hence the fact I've sponsored this forum for probably 8 years.

Because no one will buy them. You can’t make enough of them to make any kind of profit, and if the block isn’t 900 bucks the Chrysler guys won’t even have a sniff at it. And if they do, they’ll ***** because it isn’t finished machined for that price.

It’s a losing proposition.
I was looking for a more eloquent way to allude to a similar point. lol It's all the fact we only have so many resources, and so many hours in the day.

To grow a market segment, we need to show potential. To show potential, we need to have strong sales of existing product in that same market segment. round and round we go. classic catch 22.

The sales staff is also happy to take calls and answer questions on lead times also.
Most of our Chryslers are roller cams these days. I honestly didn't even ask what the defect was, or if they were the rollers, or not. I trust the boys in QC. They do a great job. We're honesty so slammed at the moment everyone is staying in their lane, and getting knocked out what we can.

I was looking for a more eloquent way to allude to a similar point. lol It's all the fact we only have so many resources, and so many hours in the day.

To grow a market segment, we need to show potential. To show potential, we need to have strong sales of existing product in that same market segment. round and round we go. classic catch 22.

Same with me always raggin on you about slant 6 stuff. We both know it's a big joke. Yall's Mopar sales is such a tiny segment of what you do already, you could hack it off like a gangreen infected leg and keep on keepin on. Sad reality, but that's what it is. Reality. Mopar demand could drop off the map and all that you'd have to do to really make up for it is a boost in advertising.....maybe run some sales. And there you go. Now add slant sixes into that and they become an even smaller part of the Mopar fold. Mopar people are just a small segment and slant people......we may as well not exist. That's the reason right there I am trying to accumulate a slant six core inventory. To hold onto them in case somebody might need one. Not like their gold. Just the opposite. The majority want nothing to do with them, so that makes them even harder to find. Rambling here, but you get the idea.....already know it I'm sure.

I must admit, if I didn't LOVE building my own and if I was more financially blessed and if I was into V8s again, I'd probably get a Blueprint engine. But those are three big reasons that probably won't change anytime soon. lol

here's a thought... @Johnny Mac , you said you guys cast some of your own blocks?

what if you were to cast a /6 block that was a little lower deckheight so with stock parts it would be 1:9?

i betcha there'd be a market for that
:)

here's a thought... @Johnny Mac , you said you guys cast some of your own blocks?

what if you were to cast a /6 block that was a little lower deckheight so with stock parts it would be 1:9?

You and @RustyRatRod go halves on the tooling, and you're on lol. As I've joked about before, The market for an engine people give away for free....is Zero. lol

You'd have to run an obscene amount of boost with that compression.

You'd have to run an obscene amount of boost with that compression.
I thought that compression would be higher then stock, but low enough for boost

But it's Johnny's project, he can bump it to 11:1

I thought that compression would be higher then stock, but low enough for boost

But it's Johnny's project, he can bump it to 11:1

Go back and look. You typed 1:9 not 9:1. lol

The sales staff is also happy to take calls and answer questions on lead times also.
Most of our Chryslers are roller cams these days. I honestly didn't even ask what the defect was, or if they were the rollers, or not. I trust the boys in QC. They do a great job. We're honesty so slammed at the moment everyone is staying in their lane, and getting knocked out what we can.
Johnny, what ever happened to the 6.4L (392) Hemi Blueprint was going to build?

Johnny, what ever happened to the 6.4L (392) Hemi Blueprint was going to build?
Good News is...it grew to 426 CID. Also have parts ordered for prototype builds.

Bad news is it slowed down quite a bit with covid. But it's on the "Green light" list and unless something insane happens, it's coming. just not a clear timeline yet.

Good News is...it grew to 426 CID. Also have parts ordered for prototype builds.

Bad news is it slowed down quite a bit with covid. But it's on the "Green light" list and unless something insane happens, it's coming. just not a clear timeline yet.
That's gonna be an engine to watch for! Wow!

Have an estimated price?

That a stroked Gen 3 block or Gen 2 style block and heads? Hurry up. If you get it done before I'm ready for my 340/416 I may jump on the big block bandwagon.

That a stroked Gen 3 block or Gen 2 style block and heads? Hurry up. If you get it done before I'm ready for my 340/416 I may jump on the big block bandwagon.
Gen III.

Have an estimated price?
It honestly should be fairly close to our LS 427 designs. Obviously we can't build it quite as "cheap" as an LS. but the turn key version, with controller, etc, should mimic these pretty close. some less dressed for repowering factory gen III equipped cars. some with Front drives, and harness, computer, etc. for classic mopar swaps.

I highly doubt we do a carbed version, but ya never know i guess.

427 CUBIC INCH LS ENGINESUP TO 800 HPSTARTING AT $10,799.00

I am thrilled that you are looking at other possibilities as well as the offerings you currently have. Yes, I am disappointed at the ongoing delays, but the fact that you are still building Mopars despite all of this is awesome. Thank you and the team for your ongoing effort to provide quality engines for the less than 10% of classic cars out there!

If I separated our market demand into simply GM/Ford/Chrysler I'd guess 65% GM 25% Blue Oval and 10% Chrysler.
Wish it was more. Hence the fact I've sponsored this forum for probably 8 years.
ACTUALLY PRETTY CLOSE TO WHAT I had guessed , specially on the chevies

My regular cam grinder sez his cam cores and lifters are six months behind.

The core mfgs. laid off workers won't come back as long as they make more on unemployment than working

Last edited:
My regular cam grinder sez his cam cores and lifters are six months behind.

The core mfgs. laid off workers won't come back as long as they make more on unemployment than working

diff. topic , but I hope TTI isnt experiencing any of this , new headers were promised this week--------------

-
Back