another car?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
do I need another one? NO! I have a small herd of early A bodies i'm piddling with. but i'm retired, tired and poor! I work some in the summer to buy parts and like to have things to keep me entertained, so I've decided to look for a 67-9 A body to make into a 383 car. I miss having a BB car! NO show poodle, just a driver, no racer.
i've had bunches of Mopars since the mid 80's mostly B B cars, had a real 67 383 cuda once. I pretty much understand what the BB 67-9 cars had from the factory.
I realize Schumaker's engine brackets are great, but I intend to make a correct 67-9 k frame and use the biscuit brackets. I have a left, will need to buy or make a right. I understand there is a video to make a spool type DC style k member. but that's not what I want to do. ( why do it the easy way??).. I will be looking for someone that can give me the measurements of the 67-9 k member.
I 've have read lots of previous threads, but I will ask this. some say you can use B B exh man. I don't want headers nor will I pay for the original ones. is this true, and what cast no. do I need????
I have also prowled BigBlock Darts site, no doubt some good info and probably lots od FABO guys there too. a car buddy said, don't you need the car first?? I said, no. I always can find a suitable roller priced right if I look enough! I look forward to this adventure.

do I need another one? NO! I have a small herd of early A bodies i'm piddling with. but i'm retired, tired and poor! I work some in the summer to buy parts and like to have things to keep me entertained, so I've decided to look for a 67-9 A body to make into a 383 car. I miss having a BB car! NO show poodle, just a driver, no racer.
i've had bunches of Mopars since the mid 80's mostly B B cars, had a real 67 383 cuda once. I pretty much understand what the BB 67-9 cars had from the factory.
I realize Schumaker's engine brackets are great, but I intend to make a correct 67-9 k frame and use the biscuit brackets. I have a left, will need to buy or make a right. I understand there is a video to make a spool type DC style k member. but that's not what I want to do. ( why do it the easy way??).. I will be looking for someone that can give me the measurements of the 67-9 k member.
I 've have read lots of previous threads, but I will ask this. some say you can use B B exh man. I don't want headers nor will I pay for the original ones. is this true, and what cast no. do I need????
I have also prowled BigBlock Darts site, no doubt some good info and probably lots od FABO guys there too. a car buddy said, don't you need the car first?? I said, no. I always can find a suitable roller priced right if I look enough! I look forward to this adventure.

Well I happen to know where a 67 and 68 are but they are a few hours from you, like 6- 7

Believe it or not, I have not bought or brought another car home in 6 months!!!

Well I happen to know where a 67 and 68 are but they are a few hours from you, like 6- 7

I don't mind driving some ways. my rule of thumb is basically I always buy a project with the notion , i'm buying it to keep BUT if I decide to sell at some point in time for what ever reason, I don't intend to loss any $$. so my key is to buy a pretty much complete car ( prefer roller generally), and buy it realizing buying a project can just be an expensive dream for us people, so the inititial cost of the project is very important....... never have lost any $ on one but I do pretty much ALL the work too,

No, pissed off wife meetings!! The last one I paid $350 for, but had to drive 1200 miles round trip!!!!

Plus 21 hours of straight thru driving and 2 people to load a car with no suspension ( the seller was suppose to have 5-6 other people) is too hard on me anymore.

hey man! that's what they make those BIG electric wenches for!! LOL

i'm the same bout driving. it wears me out! in fact i'm more wore out than broke in!!!

-
Back