ANOTHER carpet install question

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've searched and can't find a definitive answer.. I'm getting ready to install my new carpet in my Demon. OER molded for 4spd.
How far up the fire wall is the carpet suppose to go..? I've looked for pictures and can't find any. The new carpet I have seems short in that area...goes to where the floor pan and firewall meet, and the carpet is not even across there either.. To me, it looks like it should meet the heater box, but like I said, my new carpet is too short for that. Can someone tell me or show me pictures of where their carpet stops..?

What happens if you move it forward to where you like it . Is is so formed that it would not fit the seat humps.

Can you return it?

The further ahead the better. As long as it tucks nicely under the rear seat. I have never been happy with aftermarket shaped carpet. It always seems to be curved inaccurately. And I have installed a few incorrectly myself. Too short up the front. The heel pad is the defining factor. I think it should run forward basically until it is almost at the upward curve. Slightly away. Somebody will have a pic.

Last edited:
I've searched and can't find a definitive answer.. I'm getting ready to install my new carpet in my Demon. OER molded for 4spd.
How far up the fire wall is the carpet suppose to go..? I've looked for pictures and can't find any. The new carpet I have seems short in that area...goes to where the floor pan and firewall meet, and the carpet is not even across there either.. To me, it looks like it should meet the heater box, but like I said, my new carpet is too short for that. Can someone tell me or show me pictures of where their carpet stops..?
The hump should about center it, that and the plastic foot rest on the driver side.
Usually they have been found to be short in 67 models around the back seat corners.

This is 67 dart origional carpet.

As you can see it goes up to half way past the steering column. And just under the floor part of the heat only heater

The heel pad is about 9.75 wide ( front to back) and the carpet extends past it about 14.5 inches
( I need new carpet in the front :eek:)

PXL_20230129_210331021.jpg

Thanks for the responses.. If possible, I'd like to see some pix of the passenger side and rear area to see how far the carpet goes under the backseat.

-
Back