another coil over question

-

NicR

Reaction score
ok I have been doing a lot of searching on here for info and options on a coil over kit not to break the bank, (not the aftermarket k and all) well I found this kit online and cant find anyone running it or experience with it. http://www.angelfire.com/bondobob/coiloverkitinfo1.html

if not this can you point me in the right direction, I also seen dillengers kit but his site don't work???

the reason I am wanting to do this is I want to install a new 6 speed auto trans in the car and I don't think it will clear the torsion bars

I know John (Dillengers) hasn't been around for a while. I think he had to focus on some other business/family issues for a while. Too bad he's not still here.

The kit you linked to looks very nice. I admit I've never used a setup like that on a Mopar, and it may very well be a solid setup. My curiosity is in the top coilover mount area? I'm wondering if that area should be better reinforced then the stock inner fender construction? I'm going to be watching the responses also.....Just trying to learn. :)

Attachments

• front4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 205
that was my big worry too, I plan on calling the company in the morning to see what they say, worst comes to worst ill have to beef it up somehow

I have Bobs kit on my car minus the K and front rack steer. It is nice and has done well for me. I reinforced the shock towers and will be adding a couple more units of bracing when I put it on the street. My shocks are the double Afcos with the bayonet mount at the top. The coil overs are heavy. His full kit with double adjustable cost about the same as the alterkation and if is not a strip only car I would not run it. I currently (or did) have a RB sitting over it. I am moving the engine back and it seems to make a difference. Time will tell how it holds up on the street.
Long story short Bob make awesome stuff. But for the street I would do the AlterKation.

at this time I don't have the added cost to go to the alterK kit or I would looks like a really nice piece the car will be street driven and drag raced

Bobs stuff is top notch quality, I have his tublar k frame on my car. He is a hard guy to get a hold of on his shop phone especially in race season, leave a message and he usually will call back soon as he can.

ok I have been doing a lot of searching on here for info and options on a coil over kit not to break the bank, (not the aftermarket k and all) well I found this kit online and cant find anyone running it or experience with it. http://www.angelfire.com/bondobob/coiloverkitinfo1.html

if not this can you point me in the right direction, I also seen dillengers kit but his site don't work???

the reason I am wanting to do this is I want to install a new 6 speed auto trans in the car and I don't think it will clear the torsion bars

call RMS i believe he sells everything you need to put coil overs on a stock suspension.

if thats what you are going to do i would reinforce the shock mounts also.

HDK has the 100% bolt in upper shock mounts and the chromolly support hoops. sold separately..... $189 includes hardware.

Exact same pieces used in the HDK conversion.

HDK has the 100% bolt in upper shock mounts and the chromolly support hoops. sold separately..... $189 includes hardware.

Exact same pieces used in the HDK conversion.

I sent you a pm , how do I order? and do you have any pics?, so this will allow me to run bobs kit safely or do you have your own kit so I don't have to buy bobs? sorry for so many questions

-
Back