Another crackhead price

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
But it's got it's original 318!

$6000

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4332838393.html

"Selling a nice 1968 Dodge Charger. The Charger still has it's original numbers matching 318 engine and trans. It was abandoned in a farmer's field in 1980 and has been sitting ever since. Car is very solid but has some driver quarter panel damage that will need to be repaired. All the major parts are with the car but a few little pieces are missing. This would make a great resto mod project. Hard to find these this solid and complete for this price. "

00y0y_clA3rpFnKqS_600x450.jpg

00O0O_cCBl1OZRjba_600x450.jpg

01717_9ES54bf16Rj_600x450.jpg

00x0x_cR0uWg5I4ue_600x450.jpg

00909_e8ZwdvWOSz8_600x450.jpg

I have seen people pay more for less,,. It's out of my range though..

I can do better

Hello all, I'm selling my 1973 Roadrunner, I took this car on as a project unfortunately I ran out of funds. The engine is a 340 auto with a 727 transmission. Both engine and transmission have t been rebuilt I installed an Edelbrock Performance plus cam shaft with lifters and an Edelbrock 4 barrel Carburetor. It has all glass except the windshield. It also has 5 Cragar S/S wheels. Please only serious inquiries only I'm asking 15,000 obo. . . more pictures on request. Thanks for taking a look. one owner on title.

Attachments

• crked.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 660
Around here in that condition that is a good deal.68-70 Chargers sell high and that one looks fairly solid.I would love to have that car.

What are you guys talking about, that'll buff out....

"All the major parts are with the car but a few little pieces are missing...."

A body shell, seats, and a long block.... Yeah, all major parts are there... All the "minor" ones are missing... glass, carpets, taillights, grille, radiator, fan, pulleys...

Just for a replacement restored grille for one of those costs around $2000 - $2500....

B bodies are so outrageous. I wish I still had my Charger and Roadrunner... I would be rich

my wife bought this dart for me for Christmas she paid 8000.00 for it must be worth a ton of money when I look at that charger.

I see that stuff at pick-a-part once a year. Gutted before they got it and they pay about $75-$150 for 'em just to get them off the property. I spy better rust buckets in yards from telephone poles, abandoned in place, cats/dogs/coyotes living in them. My wife would walk if I dragged that home.

They get a lot of dough for those years of the Chargers. High as it seems, he will probably get it. They are so cool when they are done.

To me personelly I would never pay that kind of money for that car,but I have seen and know guys that would and have ,seems by looking at pics to be fairly solid and has potential,and they seem to keep commanding premium prices and would bet he gets close if not all he's asking even tho I would not even consider it myself as I am into a-bodies mostly,and like was stated,parts for those cars are majorally expensive but really cool when done but the costs way exceeds the end results the way I see it,the purchase price alone would net me a pretty decent running a-body mostly if not finished

"All the major parts are with the car but a few little pieces are missing."

It looks like ALL the little pieces are missing.

It's well worth 6K if the frame rails and crossmember is clean.

I can do better

Hello all, I'm selling my 1973 Roadrunner, I took this car on as a project unfortunately I ran out of funds. The engine is a 340 auto with a 727 transmission. Both engine and transmission have t been rebuilt I installed an Edelbrock Performance plus cam shaft with lifters and an Edelbrock 4 barrel Carburetor. It has all glass except the windshield. It also has 5 Cragar S/S wheels. Please only serious inquiries only I'm asking 15,000 obo. . . more pictures on request. Thanks for taking a look. one owner on title.

Quality pictures like those really help sell a car

Looks like it needs an amd quarter, door, and the fender can be fixed. A super good metal man could fix it all. That one needs to be put back on the streets. I read a article in old cars price guide a few years ago when car prices where falling, it said 68 & 69 Chargers and Roadrunners went up 10%. I thought cool everything else went down, but a couple of MOPARS went up. It didn't say Corvettes or Chevelles it said Roadrunners and Chargers.

Not unrealistic price. I sold my 68 318 Charger for close to that in a million pieces. Mine was a little solider thought, did not need quarter and door. 68 Charger is a VERY desirable B body and I bet it will be sold within 2 weeks

Hell in Illinois that is demo derby material They do not rebuild cars out there they destroy them and then scrap them

Say what you want. If your looking for a charger project that is not a bad price. This day and age.

When my son came home after his first tour of Iraq, he insisted he had to have a '68 Charger. We went down to Oklahoma and picked up this R/T. No engine, no transmission, no interior, junk steering wheel, junk instrument cluster, no radiator, the grill was junk, no driveshaft, bad fuel tank, rusted out fuel and brake lines, bad wiper motor, no transmission crossmember, no exhaust, worn out suspension, bad chrome on bumpers, wiring all torn up, hood was junk, tires and wheels were scabs, floors were gone, quarters were rusted out and full of bondo. Originally a 440 automatic. He gave $6000 for it (against my advice). As rough as that one on Craigslist may be, it's in a lot better shape and more complete than the one we bought. - But then again, ours is an R/T. After 4 years, we're still working on it.

Facebook links to the build:
part 1)
https://www.facebook.com/john.hermsen.733/media_set?set=a.773459286006277.100000266389638&type=3
part 2)
https://www.facebook.com/john.herms....221975854487959.63308.100000266389638&type=3

Attachments

• lll.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 470
  • ll.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 419
  • l.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 464
  • 22.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 467
It sold today,it belonged to a guy over on FBBO

-
Back