Another Craigslist crack head....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Been looking for a 12" Commercial grade meat slicer......and not one of the cheap knock offs. One shows up on the Wenatchee C/L. 170 miles one way. Call him up. Is it complete? Yes. Came out of a friend's butcher shop in Tennessee. Guy on C/L said his buddy just got tired of dealing with the 100 pound slicer that we are going to look at. Snowing when we go to leave. 3+ hours later we are in Wenatchee. Box is mangled. Blade sharpener is laying in the bottom of the box, busted into a dozen pieces. Pull the phone out and find a $140 replacement. Seller says he will take a couple hundred off. Plug it in...motor runs, blade don't. Seller says make me an offer... thanks but no.
Spend some time chatting with him. He is a coon dog hunter. Knows...and doesn't care for....the breeder of our pups. Also is good friends with the folks that will be selling us a Bluetick Coonhound....small world....what a day....

I hear ya. Waited 3 weeks to go look at a 71 400 block. Pics of block minus the crank area, figured I would roll the dice. Drove 3.5 hours there plus gas only to have the shop door come up realise i waisted a trip.

I wont drive across town now with out pics or video.

I think I wouldda beat my 3 hour rid outta his butt.

Have you looked at the meat saws that Grizzly sells? Just got their giant cata log and noticed the meat saws.

Wife and I drove 4 hours (R/T) to look at a new car. Called beforehand to ask if the car was still there and to verify price was as advertised on Internet - yes to both. We drove there to find the car was in use by an employee and already had racked 2,000 miles on it. The car was filthy and full of the guy's personal items and trash. Why??? We called to tell them we wanted to buy this car and they didn't prep it???. I said that the ad said it was a "new" car and that 2,000 meant it wasn't "new"! Salesman said it was never registered, so in fact it was still "new". I said the price would have to be adjusted (thinking downward) and he came back with a price that was $6,000 higher than advertised because the ad price was only for active duty military and college students. I nearly punched him for lying and wasting 4 hours of driving time. Stay away from Al Packer Ford in Baltimore!!! I gave him a huge *** chewing in front of a lot of customers before I left.

I call on 62 2 door toad.... ask all the questions,,, including frame....
he tells me how over the last 25 years he's flipped some 400 old classics....
get there .. its exactly like he described , EXCEPT rear frame rust.... tells me again how RARE it is....
I explain yes rare, i'm rare so what??? frame rust???? are ya blind??? no reply,....... i offer couple bucks over scrape... $2000 less than price.... he takes it....
only car I've ever bought with any frame rust.... I can fix it , just a little work.....
o k so it turned out o k.... but just lucky he didn't waste my trip, fuel, and time?? LOL

Nice Doug!

I would had been very irritated though driving that far and finding all that out. Glad you found a good one!

Wife and I drove 4 hours (R/T) to look at a new car. Called beforehand to ask if the car was still there and to verify price was as advertised on Internet - yes to both. We drove there to find the car was in use by an employee and already had racked 2,000 miles on it. The car was filthy and full of the guy's personal items and trash. Why??? We called to tell them we wanted to buy this car and they didn't prep it???. I said that the ad said it was a "new" car and that 2,000 meant it wasn't "new"! Salesman said it was never registered, so in fact it was still "new". I said the price would have to be adjusted (thinking downward) and he came back with a price that was $6,000 higher than advertised because the ad price was only for active duty military and college students. I nearly punched him for lying and wasting 4 hours of driving time. Stay away from Al Packer Ford in Baltimore!!! I gave him a huge *** chewing in front of a lot of customers before I left.
I don't know the dealer and have no dog in the fight, but I will say this, I work at a dealership and I have a demo. I generally don't keep a bunch of trash in my demo, but it's been known to happen. If I had a nickle for every time someone said they would be over to "buy" my demo, and no showed, I'd have enough for a couple cokes anyway.That's with just the demo I'm in now. Having said that, the car should have been taken and "freshened up" when you got there. As for the brand new issue, the car is still considered new in the eyes of the law until titled. No new car is titled until sold, up to that point they have certificates of origin. Regardless of mileage, your warranty clock starts at zero when you buy the car. The dealer should have noted that it was a "demonstrator" in the ad as well as told you as much when you called. That is just a bad practice on a salesman's part.
Not sure how many miles on a new car is acceptable to some people. We had a lady refuse a car that she ordered because it had 34 miles on it when it arrived at the shop. We tried to explain to her that it came to us 29 miles and we put the other 5 on during prep, and a trip to the gas station to top off. The 29 prior was factory. She wouldn't hear it, she didn't want anyone's butt behind the wheel but hers. I've seen cars come off the transporter with over 200 miles already on them.

Pictures, and videos when an item needs to actually do something. It will save me a ton in gas and travel. Couldn't do it years ago and I have driven a lot to find garbage. If pics and video tell the story I want to hear then I will gladly travel.

I don't know the dealer and have no dog in the fight, but I will say this, I work at a dealership and I have a demo. I generally don't keep a bunch of trash in my demo, but it's been known to happen. If I had a nickle for every time someone said they would be over to "buy" my demo, and no showed, I'd have enough for a couple cokes anyway.That's with just the demo I'm in now. Having said that, the car should have been taken and "freshened up" when you got there. As for the brand new issue, the car is still considered new in the eyes of the law until titled. No new car is titled until sold, up to that point they have certificates of origin. Regardless of mileage, your warranty clock starts at zero when you buy the car. The dealer should have noted that it was a "demonstrator" in the ad as well as told you as much when you called. That is just a bad practice on a salesman's part.
Not sure how many miles on a new car is acceptable to some people. We had a lady refuse a car that she ordered because it had 34 miles on it when it arrived at the shop. We tried to explain to her that it came to us 29 miles and we put the other 5 on during prep, and a trip to the gas station to top off. The 29 prior was factory. She wouldn't hear it, she didn't want anyone's butt behind the wheel but hers. I've seen cars come off the transporter with over 200 miles already on them.

No comment on this...soon as I do my "stalker" will drop in and pick apart what I said...with that being said I will now bow out of this conversation...

No, don't bow out yet....I gotta ask that you slice me up a sandwich if I ever get out your way!!! Just kiddin, nice slicer though : )

I drove five hours one way to get a 225 Jasper slant 6 still on the crate, for $600.
This one was a sweet deal and well worth the trip.

-
Back