Another Craigslist flunkie...

-
It might be now but it was built as a uni-body. It is the mercury Mustang. Same platform.

+1. From the bottom, they look like A-bodies with torque boxes. Nothing body-on-frame about the Cougar until 1977.

-Kurt

Some folks are just born craftsmen and artistic. All that's left is the 24" wheels and dark window tint!

It's a damn shame. Cougars are one of the few ferd cars I like. They always had a "charger had a baby with a mustang" look to them that I thought was under-appreciated.

There almost needs to be laws to keep classics out of the hands of idiots. Enough of them have ended up in the junk yard as is. Need to start preserving what we can.

There almost needs to be laws to keep classics out of the hands of idiots. Enough of them have ended up in the junk yard as is. Need to start preserving what we can.

Hopeful thinking, but the only way anyone could pull that off is with a huge, non-profit collective - and it's not going to happen. It takes too much money just to drag survivor cars out of wherever they are (IF you can find them cheap enough), much less store them on concrete for future restoration efforts. There's very little that's profitable about old cars (in general) other than parting out - that's one of the reasons you hardly ever find an old-car dealer with fair prices (or, for that matter, honest).

All the decent 4-doors will get stripped for parts too. As a more-door preservationist, this practice annoys the living hell out of me :banghead: Heck, it took more effort to find these two in decent shape than to find comparable, 2-door counterparts.

ibj2ad.jpg

All the Mopar parts schmucks out there keep trying to sell me 2-door-specific parts (as 4-door parts) that won't fit on them either. At this point, I won't buy a part unless the part number is stamped on it, or the seller can provide information as to the donor vehicle.

Ok, back to the 4x4 Cougar...

-Kurt

-
Back