Another Day and Score at the Upullandpay

-
Okay, just got back from going to get the dash pad. No cracks and is still pliable and not hardened.
It's pretty dirty though and there are some pieces of tape someone put on many many years ago that is flaking off.
How would I go about cleaning it without ruining the vinyl??

409 and a scrub brush works for me, an old tooth brush gets into the small places.

I'll have to check. I don't remember it being all beat up and rusty or anything but, I'll take some pics and post them from the yard for you Rani.

Ok Rani the bed is all beat up and both sides are pushed in. What sucks about that is its rust free.

thanks for checking .....what it was is I was thinking of trading for this truck but if I did that I would need a bed .......but I passed on the truck now that I know it wont be easy to find a good bed for it ....plus its pretty rough anyway.

Attachments

• 20130620_160129.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 127
How much would it be for the exhaust manifolds and motor mounts?

Site shows ex/mani's are $25.99 each + $3.25 core....yeah, really, a core in a junk yard, lol.

Engine mounts are $7.99 each.

To comment about the ex/mani's, they were pretty rusted, actually the first bolt on the driver side was broken off due to the amount of rust. So, not sure how great a shape they're in.

Okay, so cleaning up some parts that are going to a member here.

Here are some pics of the sun visors, they were really dirty and have grease marks all over them....on top of being white in color.

With a little elbow grease, a tooth brush, and some Oxy Clean Scrub Free bathroom cleaner, these things look nearly new!!

Attachments

• DSC_0191.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0192.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0193.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0194.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 110
  • visor1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 88
Site shows ex/mani's are $25.99 each + $3.25 core....yeah, really, a core in a junk yard, lol.

Engine mounts are $7.99 each.

To comment about the ex/mani's, they were pretty rusted, actually the first bolt on the driver side was broken off due to the amount of rust. So, not sure how great a shape they're in.

Ok. I'll pass on the manifolds. Might be interested in the mounts if you're up to removing them. Lol

They do that here, too. It's not about the yard trying to be green it's about the regulations handed to them. They'd rather loose a part like an oil pan or a trans pan, than for it to have any fluids that may leak and result in a huge fine for letting fluids seep into the ground. Cheaper that way.

I have a buddy who owns a scrapyard. Not a salvage yard, but a scrapyard. He's not allowed to sell parts under his license.

The new regs they were hitting him with damn near put him out of business before his health did.

All oils and fluids have to be kept in state approved containers, above ground. If he wanted to store underground he'd have to jump through the same hoops as a gas station to put in new tanks.

All state approved containers have to be labeled and fluids can't be mixed. Engine oil, gear oil, trans fluid, coolant all the have to be separated. Funny, but as a shop owner I could roll the oil drop bucket over under a car and drain a rear or trans into the same container I would drop oil from an engine in.

All prep work has to be done on a concrete pad at least six inches thick and twice the size of any vehicles he works on to be able to control spills before they get to the ground. He has a small garage at his yard he does his prep work in, but it's not big enough, he needs one bigger.

No more than a 100 tires on site at any time. DEC nailed him with 2500 tires. It cost him $4 bucks a pop to get rid of them.

Oh, and no more speedy dry unless it's placed in a proper container for disposal. If he doesn't have the proper state approved container he has to use mats. As a shop owner, I could spill all day long, go through a 50# of kitty litter and throw it right in the trash.
we have the same dumbass standards here in some counties minus the gear oil. Just depends who processes the car. if the person cares about what kind of car it is, they normally try and find a drainplug. But most processing guys are lazy and just punch holes in em cuz its easier for them.

Ah Rani...it is not impossible to find a bed. But the radiator is getting impossible to find and expensive to repair!

Big shout out :cheers::cheers::cheers: to 64 SRT8 Dart!!!!I cant wait to get my stuff for my new D100 project. He went out of his way to get me some goodies and even cleaned them up. This is a fine example of a AWESOME FABO member!!!!!!!!Thanks a bunch Craig.

-
Back