Another Day of Mopar Picking.

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Day one of two, about a 1and h1/2 hours to go pick up a 67 FB Cuda. Have to go back tomorrow for the 68 !
Not really settled in to our new place yet, but couldn't let these get by me.
20240719_171912.jpg

Looks like it was a V8 , has 8.75 rear non suregrip. Console car. Pretty rotted but has title and a few good parts left on it..

Wife and I had this thing loaded in like 5 minutes with the new winch I installed a couple days ago. Front wheels wouldn't roll , rusted to the drums and the new winch didn't even groan, just drug it up through ramps like nobody's business ! Very happy with it,

20240719_092517.jpg
20240719_115910.jpg
20240719_120324.jpg

Took longer to unload it once we got home.The 68 is a little more complete, Has most the interior. Also looks like aV8 car but has a 7.25 rear in it. Floor shift and I think some really nice fenders but I'll have to look em over better.

In the past Theresa and I picked up cars like this and it would take us most the day. The new winch made it a5 minute job !
20240716_201853.jpg

Should have more pics tomorrow of the 68 .

It's been a couple years since we gotten to pick any Mopar stuff due to getting wiped out by Hurricane Ian, rebuilding our home. Moving out of Florida, and moving back 9 months later.

Thanks for looking !

Last edited:
Winches are a back saver. Oh how I miss the days of the old-red come-alongs.

Glad I saw your thread on the winch, or I would probably still be using my old come along ! :thumbsup: :BangHead: !
I still keep a come along in the tool box for a back up.
Also buy a snatch block so you can double the pulling power, it also works good for sliding the car on the trailer.
And look into soft shackles, they are pretty sweet.

That one is sunk in pretty good, get the snatch block.

Al, didn't know you and Theresa were back in Florida. The 75 Valiant is still in hay barn if you get up this way, Joe

Al, didn't know you and Theresa were back in Florida. The 75 Valiant is still in hay barn if you get up this way, Joe
Hey Joe ! Ya just moved back about a month now. Hope all is well with you and the wife ( sorry don't remember her name , please remind me ! ) I'll keep the Valiant in mind

Got the second cuda loaded up and drug to the house.
image000000.jpg

The 68 on the right has most of its interior and some parts .
The 67 on the left has some nice Formula S fenders on it. Not rusted through.
20240720_201245.jpg

Also has a pair of 15" sb rally wheels on back . Look to be 6 or 7" wide. Didn't know they made in 15s in sb pattern.
20240720_201253.jpg

Unfortunately both are rotted beyond saving so the both will most likely be parted out.

It'll be a couple weeks before I list up a sales add / part out, I have to go out of town , and a little work around the house to make my life a little easier ! Looking forward to getting back in the Grove

I just moved from N Carolina , Looks like they must of sold ! Not Me:poke:
Hows your " Pile O Parts " going ? I'm still droolin over that !!

The pile of parts are here but not doing anything, just collecting dust… I added some more racks and started trying to organize them a bit, I need to go through everything more and organize it all by part types. That way things are easier to find.

I fixed the ac in the small shop and will start working on the copper dart there. I’m trying to decide if I want to move my toolbox to this shop or not, I probably will as it will make my life easier to work on the car.

IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7785.jpeg

IMG_7838.jpeg

IMG_7840.jpeg

IMG_7841.jpeg

Looks like a good haul AL. Pressure testing the neighbors right off the bat.....lol.

View attachment 1716279251
Yes, a couple days ago I had a pile of stuff to burn off and lit it up. With in ten minutes 2 Karen's from the places behind me had to investigate. I expected the FD to show up anytime !

Then the neighbor next to me was looking though the bushes as we were unloading the first cuda. No issues as of yet !

Then on the other hand ,the guy on the other side of us came by and helped me install a sub panel so I can run my air compressor !
20240721_132600.jpg

Small shop looks way easier to heat and AC, I would be working in there.

-
Back