Another disc brake conversion question, real 340 swinger

-
Cowtown huh?! I'm just south of you in the Bridge. I have 98% of a full KH set up that I likely will not use in the near future, but I see you've decided to go BBP anyway. In any case, good luck on the conversion, it's a good one and worth while in more ways than one.

I would change out the entire steering linkage including the pitman and idler to the 73 up. You'll have more clearance as the center link goes on from below, not above as the 72 back does.

Cowtown huh?! I'm just south of you in the Bridge. I have 98% of a full KH set up that I likely will not use in the near future, but I see you've decided to go BBP anyway. In any case, good luck on the conversion, it's a good one and worth while in more ways than one.
Had I known I might have gone that way and saved the need for axles..... Part of my reason for the LBP was better easier wheel choices for less money....

I would change out the entire steering linkage including the pitman and idler to the 73 up. You'll have more clearance as the center link goes on from below, not above as the 72 back does.
I'm going to check the whole front end and f its anywhere near bad I'll be replacing parts anyway so I will think about this for sure. Can I use the 69 centerlink if I do this?

Does this mean 69 tie rods are good to go in the newer 73 up ball joint? Ie I can retain my existing ones if they are good...

Different part number for 69 back a body tie rod ends. 70-76 are the same part number.

I'd use the 73-76 center link for reason stated.
Your in the $100 range to replace everything steering linkage related. 4 rod ends, idler arm, pitman arm.

-
Back