Another Dog Story

-

dibbons

Reaction score
The guy that comes over every once in awhile to help in the garden seems to be afraid of our female Doberman (fifty pounds). I never know when he will show up, and when he does, he stands out front the wall/gate and hollers "Hola!" (Hello!).

So before I let him in, I walk outside, snap my fingers a couple of times, and the Doberman (Camelia) comes over and walks into her dog house where I shut her inside for an hour while the two of us tidy up the yard.

Today was a little different. I heard the usual holler "Hola!" and looked outside to find Camelia trotting over to her dog house and putting herself inside it before I could even direct her to do so.

I guess she recognized the "scaredy-cat's" voice.

DSC00790.JPG

so, you're telling me that the voice command to disarm your home security system is "hola"

good to know

:poke:

Heres how to dis arm my home security system.

Sneak into my home and past my killer attack dog while I'm gone,

20181209_160938_zps9xklbl7p.jpg

open my gun safe, remove magazine's, remove bullets.

Although even after all that there's still a fair chance I'll beat you to death with an unloaded firearm.

:)

Good looking dog by the way!

Heres how to dis arm my home security system.

Sneak into my home and past my killer attack dog while I'm gone,

View attachment 1715300088

open my gun safe, remove magazine's, remove bullets.

Although even after all that there's still a fair chance I'll beat you to death with an unloaded firearm.

:)

Good looking dog by the way!
You know they make bayonets for just such an occasion, right ?

OK, here is the follow-up. Helper guy shows up today while I am having lunch and hollers the usual "Hola." Through the screen door, I watch Camelia (who was taking a sun bath) walk over into her dog house.

I walk outside, open the portal to the outside world, and ask said helper to come back tomorrow. Walk back to the dog house (which still has the door wide open) to find Camelia standing up inside. I invite her outside and return to my waiting lunch (chicken burritos/refried beans/fruit smoothie).

Needless to say, the first incident was no fluke and has occurred twice in-a-row now.

OK, here is the follow-up. Helper guy shows up today while I am having lunch and hollers the usual "Hola." Through the screen door, I watch Camelia (who was taking a sun bath) walk over into her dog house.

I walk outside, open the portal to the outside world, and ask said helper to come back tomorrow. Walk back to the dog house (which still has the door wide open) to find Camelia standing up inside. I invite her outside and return to my waiting lunch (chicken burritos/refried beans/fruit smoothie).

Needless to say, the first incident was no fluke and has occurred twice in-a-row now.
Smart doggy!

I have 2 miniature long haired dachshunds. The male (black one) was the runt of the litter and only weighs about 11 pounds. He hates other dogs. Occasionally the neighborhood dogs get loose and come to visit. He has attempted to eat
1. 2 german shepherds
2. One boxer/ pit bull mix
3. One golden doodle
4. 2 pure boxers
5. One husky
6. One dalmatian
7. One yellow lab
8. And one raccoon that was bigger than him.(he won)
Loves people! Best little dog ever! But gates hates other animals!
20190214_212018.jpg

I love Dogs, every time I see a Dog around, leashed or not I put on a big smile and say "Hiya Puppy!" more often than not they will come right to me and get petted. I was always told to NEVER, EVER show your fear to a dog, but if one growls I will be more cautious and keep my distance but kneel down and hold out my hand and talk to it, if that doesn't calm it down then I abort the mission, but most of the time it might slowly come towards me and sniff my hand and may eventually get a petting.

I love Dogs, every time I see a Dog around, leashed or not I put on a big smile and say "Hiya Puppy!" more often than not they will come right to me and get petted. I was always told to NEVER, EVER show your fear to a dog, but if one growls I will be more cautious and keep my distance but kneel down and hold out my hand and talk to it, if that doesn't calm it down then I abort the mission, but most of the time it might slowly come towards me and sniff my hand and may eventually get a petting.
I agree completely! Never been afraid of a dog, and never been bitten(except by my mom's poodle, and he was evil).

Dog stories always remind me of an encounter I once had. I went to look at a 70 challenger a guy had for sale up in Sonora Ky. He told me to watch out for the dog he had chained out by the car. I walked around and there was a little chawaha tied on a cable, I thought he was joking and forgot about the dog. Looking at the car I got too close and it got me! Ruined my new pair of Levi's before I could get away!

Is this gardener dude a sissy boy? A Homer-setchel ??:poke:
Dog's often respond to how we react to them. They sense confidence, they often remain docile.

https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=Awr9D...offset=5/RK=0/RS=ObyfYFQ2DKQtm2Cjpti27v2iFV4-

So I visit my buds at the above A-1 Body Shop. 4 Parker brothers Greg, Eddie, Nick, and Sandy. They keep 3 junkyard shepherds in the yard, Madame the elder stateswoman of the group and Skidmark and Dusty. I was in their shop 3 or 4 days a week, knew the dogs well and they knew me well, except this one particular time. I went in to visit and for what reason I don't recall I had good clothes on instead of just jeans and T-shirt or my Chevron suit. Visited for 20 minutes or so, said my goodbyes to the boys and the dogs and head out to the truck. I was almost to the door when I got bit on the butt :eek:. Without a sound Dusty had got me, just enough to put a hole in the good pants. I looked down at Dusty and he looked up at me with this "WTF have I done?" look on his face and scurried off into the shop:rofl:. The only thing we could figure was I wasn't dressed in my normal fashion. Next time he saw me he was his old tail waggin' self just glad to see me. If that link up there worked right those hot rods were some of the mild ones. At one time there was a covered wagon with a BBC and zoomies and a dinosaur lookin' beast and it's engine had chrome boat headers on it.

I have 2 miniature long haired dachshunds. The male (black one) was the runt of the litter and only weighs about 11 pounds. He hates other dogs. Occasionally the neighborhood dogs get loose and come to visit. He has attempted to eat
1. 2 german shepherds
2. One boxer/ pit bull mix
3. One golden doodle
4. 2 pure boxers
5. One husky
6. One dalmatian
7. One yellow lab
8. And one raccoon that was bigger than him.(he won)
Loves people! Best little dog ever! But gates hates other animals!View attachment 1715300805

I had a 128# Rottweiler that hated other dogs too, 2 are buried in my back yard . I still miss him -------

Are you sure she wasn't going into hiding because
she knew what was going to happen after the burritos and refrieds kicked in.

-
Back