Another Facebook Scammer "Mopar Marketplace" forum

-

Howard1784

Reaction score
Beware of the following who ghosted me after payment of a supposed Carlisle, PA delivery. PayPal Goods and Services was utilized.

Looking for slant 6 torsion bars at Carlisle

Screenshot_20240629-185924_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240619-220648_Facebook.jpg

that'd be a damn shame if he lost a couple of wheels off his truck or trailer while at the show. or if some tires just went mysteriously flat for no reason at all...

(and somebody anonymously placed a call to local tire shops not to sell to some j-ball scumbag with that name and phone number)

Sadly, they’ll change their name, come up under different user and get other people.

You’re protected under goods and services, file a complaint with PayPal, you’ll get your money back.

Last edited:
Yeah, received a refund. Folks in FB group responded that he was a known scammer. That said, his FB account "disappeared" I think he might be stupid enough to use his real cell number for FB etc. If this is true, then a FB search warrant can be applied for and with that, his location will be recorded as well. The published phone number can be researched but will not rely on that alone. If he is using a computer (cell phone) the IP address will be recorded. It takes a little footwork and hopefully, a LE agency will be willing to do it and make an identification even though the subject may live in Oregon. FB records EVERYTHING! He can make up names along the way, but he can be tracked everywhere

Something I have noticed is the scammers are coming up with names that are a jumble of famous people

LaBron James
Alen Hale

I'm thinking AI is generating a name

Something I have noticed is the scammers are coming up with names that are a jumble of famous people

LaBron James
Alen Hale

Who are the others? And there is a Lebron Hale on FB. aaannnndd the couple whose picture is on the ad were hacked. Happens all the time.

Last edited:
Who are the others
I was looking at parts from a wrecked red 67 dart convertible

The guy had 3 names and the first and middle were a couple letters off of an actor and the middle and the last also another actor.

I made a post about it here on FABO a few weeks ago

I was looking at parts from a wrecked red 67 dart convertible

The guy had 3 names and the first and middle were a couple letters off of an actor and the middle and the last also another actor.

I made a post about it here on FABO a few weeks ago
John Wayne Gacy :)

I was warned by one of my mopar Facebook buddies the another Mopar friend was a scammer. I wrote down the guys name and just did the things I always do. Someone asked a few days ago where he’s been as it appears he disappeared. I hope these freaking thieves have a private room together in hell.

Each place like this should hire a private detective to chase down the assholes. Keep him on retainer and use him as needed. Then charge these scammers with theft. Bring them b4 the FABO judge and jury. They will think twice b4 they do the crime if they can’t do the time. Or maybe a good old fashioned beating will solve the issue. Kim

LaBron James
Alen Hale

before I was a member here I was looking at a nice 66 Barracuda that I later found out was owned by a member on this site. I had the guy send me a copy of his driver's license and the title before i would do payment. The name on the title did not match the drivers license and the drivers license was a famous European flute player. I forwarded this information to the police department with the bank branch and routing number for where the payment was to be sent. They were too busy.

Yeah, received a refund. Folks in FB group responded that he was a known scammer. That said, his FB account "disappeared" I think he might be stupid enough to use his real cell number for FB etc. If this is true, then a FB search warrant can be applied for and with that, his location will be recorded as well. The published phone number can be researched but will not rely on that alone. If he is using a computer (cell phone) the IP address will be recorded. It takes a little footwork and hopefully, a LE agency will be willing to do it and make an identification even though the subject may live in Oregon. FB records EVERYTHING! He can make up names along the way, but he can be tracked everywhere
Let me know what application you need those slant 6 bars for. I have a set from a 63 b-body

before I was a member here I was looking at a nice 66 Barracuda that I later found out was owned by a member on this site. I had the guy send me a copy of his driver's license and the title before i would do payment. The name on the title did not match the drivers license and the drivers license was a famous European flute player. I forwarded this information to the police department with the bank branch and routing number for where the payment was to be sent. They were too busy.

Jeff, if it was a deal across state lines that's federal. Most law enforcement agencies these days also have an Internet Fraud Division that will help. I had to enlist them when a member turned into a stalker and they jumped right on it.

When it comes to buying stuff from private sellers, I must see the items in person first before making a deal with the seller. Plain and simple, if I can't touch it, then I will not pay for it. When it comes to third party online sellers, it must be on a site with buyer protection, like Ebay or Newegg or whatever.

Scumbags will create these fake accounts selling stuff on Marketplace and Craigslist and try to get paid via something else than PayPal and give nothing that was advertised.

-
Back