Another local track could be closing

-

CUUDAK

Reaction score
Read it here near the bottom of the page, http://www.voy.com/16243/

Looks like times are causing the local tracks to close due to attendance issues. Damn shame I say. I raced at this track many times with the Ford and is an awesome facility. Owners are cool too! I live near a track in Navasota and it is still open but wow has it ever fell apart.

I think we will soon loose the weekend fun at all local tracks. Soon after that the government will take our cars too!!

Damn shame.

We still have 6 or 7 tracks up here in the Dallas Fort Worth area all within a 40 mile radius, the newest one is in bankruptcy already I have heard.

My favorite semi-local track started letting ricers and crotch rockets race, if thats what it takes to keep it open thats fine with me...

We have kids here racing on public roads killing people. It is a felony to race on the streets in Texas so the law inforcement started pushind the strips. It worked for a while and then fell off. I raced quite a bit at this track until the guy who runs that site screwed me at two of his "Clobberthons" due to his favoritism for his chevy buddies. Actually told me if I didn't like his decision build a Chevy. He pretty much took over the track for the last several years. Once he took over I stopped going and traded my Falcon for my Cuda. A certain type of folks follow him and things started coming up missing from our trailers and trucks in the pits. Couldn't leave anything in sight. N2O bottles-chargers-tools-straps stuff like that was stolen on a regular basis. Wasn't worth the drive to get your crap ripped off.
I sure hope the Baker brothers can find something to keep that wonderful facility open.

-
Back