Another Mill question

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This time it’s an Enco but I don’t have a model number yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Comes with some tooling, cutting tools, and manual. 1600.00 obo.
A3557FD7-A63A-4952-A257-BEBB80F363C5.jpeg

My neighbor has a Bridgeport for sale but you are a long way away and he wants much more for it.

As for quality, back when I did lots of machining, I bought many Enco tools, and NEVER had any issues.

Coming from a lifelong machinist, my advice would be that If your wanting to do real work then buy a real mill.

For the garage and though they are great additions to have you don't necessarily need features like:

1) DRO (Digital Read out)
2) Power table feeds

However you will assuredly benefit and be more versatile on just a basic Bridgeport, if you can find something with similar specs then go for it but I wouldn't even consider anything that didn't have an adjustable knee so you can do taller work or anything that didn't have a Tilting head or Sliding column, which are real important when you do angular work. You can use Sine Plates but that's another ball of wax.

I've seen many used Bridgeports over the years sell for under 2K

Just my 2cents.

Bridgeport.png

Find the space and get a big one. You'll be happy that you did. You can unload and move them with an engine cherry picker and some pipe to roll it on.

-
Back