Another "new to Mopar" thread.....

-

capt_lunker

Reaction score
Got rid of my high 10 second Malibu for a 69 Barracuda convertible, slant 6/auto. Talk about going from one end of the spectrum to the other!!!! Lol.
Original interior (in great shape), original motor (104k), top is in excellent condition and works great (except for the vinyl back window) and mostly original body. I think I'm going to just leave it alone and drive it the way it is for the summer! I do need some parts though!

71bd39c6.jpg

38fd48f2.jpg

8f49eb3d.jpg

Welcome to the best damn Mopar site on the web!! Sounds like a mean Malibu but what made you switch? That is a nice fish you have there!!

Welcome to the beat damn Mopar site on the web!! Sounds like a mean Malibu but what made you switch? That is a nice fish you have there!!

I had the Malibu for about 17 years. It was bone stock when I got it, I redid everything on the car. It's been "completed" since about '02, and since then, only had maybe 2000 miles on it. Pretty much just got bored with it and I have always like the body style on the second gen Barracuda, so when my buddy made me a good offer to trade the Malibu as a roller for the Barracuda, I just couldn't pass it up.

WOW ! Nice car ! I'd like to know what that fish sold for.
Without a/c you probably wont enjoy the black vinyl before fall.
There a terry cloth seat cover that you can make easy with beach towels though.
Once the leaves start turning you'll love driving that vert.
If you decide to sell it, let me know. I need to drive it home before the snow flys :)

I had the Malibu for about 17 years. It was bone stock when I got it, I redid everything on the car. It's been "completed" since about '02, and since then, only had maybe 2000 miles on it. Pretty much just got bored with it and I have always like the body style on the second gen Barracuda, so when my buddy made me a good offer to trade the Malibu as a roller for the Barracuda, I just couldn't pass it up.

What year Malibu? And you traded it as a roller for the Barracuda? Sounds like you got a great deal!

welcome! you might still have a 10second car a high 10 in the 1/8mile might not be impossible

What year Malibu? And you traded it as a roller for the Barracuda? Sounds like you got a great deal!

It was an '80.
Traded with a very good friend of mine who has been trying to get me into a Mopar for 20 years! He got the car "cheap" and was going to sell it to me for exactly what he had into it. I couldn't do anything til I sold the Malibu so he made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. From what ive read, there were only 248 slant six, convertibles made in '69, 48 were 3 on the tree and the other 200 were automatics. A lot more rare than the Malibu.....lol

c69cd834.jpg

I'm sorry, but your friend got the short end of the stick. You did good. :notworth: Welcome to our family.

Welcome to FABO Capt-_Lunker!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Nice looking fish!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Chassis Cert 3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 92
-
Back