Another NW newbie.

-

SlimPikins

Pikins, Slim Pikins.
Reaction score
Hello forums!

About 5 months ago I decided to go A body shopping to find a car that I could set up to race the 1/4 mile. Currently I have a 2008 Charger R/T (hers) and an 06 Magnum SRT. The Magnum I use as a daily driver when it's nice out, but mostly I race it (a alot) at Pacific Raceways, Bremerton Raceway, and Woodburn Oregon. I've been wanting to find an older Mopar for awhile and came across a pair of cars for 800 bux. One is just for parts, and the other seems to be fairly decent for building my track car. I'm not sure yet which direction I'm going to go with it as far as how radical I want it to be. Right now it has a 318 in it, and I'm pretty sure I'll keep it a small block.

I don't have a lot of experience with older Mopars. Until I bought my first Magnum, an 05 R/T, I have always been a Ford guy. That Magnum changed my mind about the newer brands. I have had 3 LX's now. I have since joined a racing club that promotes legal drag racing, not street racing. Last year the Mopar Drag Team was created and I've spent a whole year falling in love with Mopars of all ages. Trust me though, even through my years of being a Ford guy, I still would have rather had one Mopar then 10 Chevs! lol

Now as I travel down the path of fixing up this little Dart I'm looking forward to gaining as much knowledge as I can from this site. The reading I have done gives me a lot of courage as I start this project. Here are a few pics so far of my cars.

Slim.
aka: Steve.

100_9092.jpg

TheTwins003.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

Welcome Slim to the best Damn Mopar site on the web, nice looking Darts!! :cheers:

Welcome. "parts car" it looks good enough to restore!

welcome from another Washington member!! Looks like you got a sweet deal!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Just a little update on the Dart, a buddy and myself tinkered with the car today. Didn't know what to expect. I was told when I picked it up with the trailer that it had an electrical problem with the dash and wouldn't start, and for some reason the driveline was unhooked and tied up. Well after installing the dash out of the spare car (I'm thinking it was not needed), pulling the plugs and oiling the cylinders, and hooking up the driveline we hooked up a battery and fired it up. It RUNS!!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

I got the car running today and posted a video but I guess being that I'm new it said it had to be approved by an admin first. I was psyched that it ran. I had no idea if it would or not.

Welcome Slim :cheers: To hear one fire up unknowingly sure is a great felling =P~
You have a vary nize =P~par there and you do know you have joined the #1 site going :-D Welcome from Arkansas, Jump on in and enjoy :happy10:

Update:

After a year of not having the time to work on my Dart I gave it to my Son. His username is "Themattmobile" on here. He is just out of the Army and is a lot more motivated than I am. He has it running and licensed and is driving it around.

I, on the other hand went out and picked up a new project. This one needs a lot less work. All I really have to do is rebuild the front suspension and replace the homemade rear coil-over suspension with some performance leafs and a relocate kit, which is already sitting in my garage.

Here are a couple of pictures.

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2809.jpg

DSCN2810.jpg

DSCN2813.jpg

I got my first experience of replacing a starter on a BB in an A body, very fun!
It had a stock starter butted up tight against the header, so I put a mini starter in it. I have a new intake, and waiting on new ignition. I have a lot to keep me busy.

Thanks for looking.

Slim.

Looks like a real nice car.Do you ever make it a little further north to mission for some racing?

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 107
Welcome from Lynnwood, if your around this weekend the Cruise to Colby is on Monday in Everett, Seattle Mopars Unlimited show June 5th at Mariner HS.

-
Back