another old car in the shop this week.

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
Cutlass looks nice till you get close. Was sold to the current owner on e bag.

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 354
Did he buy it sight unseen and get taken?

Car is apparantly already sold. It is a 442 (or at least has the emblems and hood scoops) but I doubt it is the original engine as it has a 455 in it. The car had really bad body work. The paint is blistering everywhere and cracking in places too. The interior looks awesome but the rest of the car needs a full re resto.

i had 3 72 olds 1 was my very first car had a 350 rocket in it the gold block..loved that car but moved own as i got older to a 74 cuda 4speed thats the 1 that got away damn i need somebody to come by and kick my well you knoe the rest ..mike:banghead:

I have had several mild 455s that ran excellent with unbelievable torque. They were all transplanted into ss monte carlos. When I was a kid and was not aware that Mopar is the best. I believe lots of 455s came factory with about 500lbs of torque.

I like oldsmobubbles, and pontirags. I had a few of both. Would like to have a 78ta w 455 olds. Or a 78ta w 440. Dont like the 70s Poncho motors too much though.

A 500 Cadillac engine would be cool in one of those TA's and probably bolt up to the Pontiac trans too.

Yeap, I think caddy, olds, poncho all bolt up. I ran TH350s for the better gear ratios and lighter internals, with stock stall converters, as the olds motors pulled from 1500 to 5k. I road raced on long back hills mid western highways so there was no slicks involved so the trans held up reasonably well. Ran 2.29 gears @ 4700 rpms, you are moving on down the highway about 150 or so. One evening we dropped a 472 caddy 4bbl w th400 in my friends gmc 1/2 ton truck. He drank about a case of beer then took er out on the highway. All I remember was tools slung all over the highway, black marks and tire smoke for miles. Good times. That was back when you only saw 2 cars the whole night if you slept on the highway.. So safety was mainly your own issue.

-
Back