Another one seeminly "headed downhill"

-
Thanks.

There is a CrossFit place close to me. They do a lot of "non-traditional" stuff like the tractor tire. I think I'll give them a try after I start my new job.
Be careful. We had a lot of fireman doing that cross fit BS. They were always off duty hurt. While the rest of us slobs were doing our jobs.

Jerking or heaving weights is a surefire way to injury. But a young man jacking the roids can take quite a bit of it. Smooth and easy is the way to build power.

I had retired from a blue collar craeer in maintenance, automotive than aircraft about 12 years ago. I have ne in a desk job since, being seated at a desk 85 % of the time takes its toll on your back and neck,random pains etc. It does seem to go away when I am active over the weekends. Desk jobs arent necessarily healthy IMO.

I'm 72. Just celebrated (?) 50 years driving tractor trailers.

I have had some side deals as race track, hot rod show promoter but always went back to driving.

I took SS in 2012. Worked mostly full time until last October. Had knee replacement #2 Nov 3rd....then had two heart attacks one week apart last Dec.

Now Im back driving two days per week. I had to get my med. card recertified.

Physically I' m junk. Two knee replacements, one shoulder replacement that is failing the other shoulder is junk.

Two widowmaker heart attacks 95 percent blocked main artery.

Got five herniated discs. Borderline diabetes. High blood pressure under control.

Aint life grand

I have had some side deals as race track, hot rod show promoter but always went back to driving.

I took SS in 2012. Worked mostly full time until last October. Had knee replacement #2 Nov 3rd....then had two heart attacks one week apart last Dec.

Physically I' m junk. Two knee replacements, one shoulder replacement that is failing the other shoulder is junk.

Got five herniated discs. Borderline diabetes. High blood pressure under control.

Aint life grand
Doesnt seem to get better does it? They dont tell ya when you are young for a reason. I think its to keep ya motivated. Good luck and press on as long as ya can,enjoy the little things as they say.:)

Aint life grand

A wise man once told me growing old ain't for Sissies....

JW

-
Back