Another transplant question

-

pikewi

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
I have the 225 from the 68 Dart to put in my 68 cuda vert. I see on the "new" motor that the intake man. is tapped on top. I assume this is for a vaccume guage? My cuda doesn't have one but I would like to add one. I presently have the instrument panel out of the car so it would be a good time to add one. Are they available anywhere? What type of tube are they plumbed with?
Thanks
Pike

it was actually probably for the blend doors or something, my 65 belvedere had a single line off the back runner into the firewall

Attachments

• 70' 225 Slant 6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 128
I have the 225 from the 68 Dart to put in my 68 cuda vert. I see on the "new" motor that the intake man. is tapped on top. I assume this is for a vaccume guage? My cuda doesn't have one but I would like to add one. I presently have the instrument panel out of the car so it would be a good time to add one. Are they available anywhere? What type of tube are they plumbed with?
Thanks
Pike

A vacuum gauge is a neat thing to have; they're VERY inexpensive, are usually plumbed with an 1/8" flexible plastic or rubber hose and are falling- out-of-a-tree easy to install. No car should be without one....
just my opinion, folks...=P~

Do you know where I go to get one that will be OEM for in my dash?

Do you know where I go to get one that will be OEM for in my dash?

I am not sure that there ever was a vacuum gauge offered as OEM, but vacuum gauges are offered in a variety of sizes and styles at most aftermarket auto parts houses such as Autozone, O'Reilley's, etc..

You should be able to find nice-looking one, and thy're usually pretty inexpensive.

Good luck!

-
Back