727 transmission
2400 B&M Stall
B&M transpak

8.25 rear
3.55 gears
sure grip

1974 Duster
any guesses on what it will run? 1/4 mile and HP/TQ

High 14's low 15's. The low compression bottom end is going to kill the power. Likely less than 300 HP.

yeah, i cant afford to get the machining done just yet so the stock internals are gonna have to stay for now. 8.5 compression i believe. I expected around 300 hp i guess.

Don't put that piece of mopar elegance together without at least putting in a set of cheap flat tops in. Did you have it down and change the bearings and rings? If so, disassemble AGAIN and even if you can find used flat tops on e-bay use them. Decent compression is the name of the game. Do you know the bore? DON'T FORGET JOHN FORCE RAN USED PARTS FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!Walt:cheers: p.s. this is my buddies backhalf 10.02 last weekend 340 ci.

Don't put that piece of mopar elegance together without at least putting in a set of cheap flat tops in. Did you have it down and change the bearings and rings? If so, disassemble AGAIN and even if you can find used flat tops on e-bay use them. Decent compression is the name of the game. Do you know the bore? DON'T FORGET JOHN FORCE RAN USED PARTS FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!Walt:cheers: p.s. this is my buddies backhalf 10.02 last weekend 340 ci.

yea, i was going to do the whole shebang with kb107's and machining done, but i decided it would take a while to come up with the cash and i would not get to drive it this year. so i decided to keep the stock internals. BUT, what do you think would be best? if i can get flat tops with pistons, around 10:1, what will it gain? what could i get by with? pistons rings and bearings?? I dont think it has been rebuilt, so running std. bore new pistons should be fine right? kb107s + .30 will be in the future, but not quite yet.

Depends on if your block is bottled out. I was assuming it had been rebuilt in the past and probably bored .030 over and you could get by with some used pistons if there weren't alot of miles since boring. If it is stock bore with alot of miles you are right, you will need to tank it and bore it. Thats probably about 300.00 depending on where you live. polish crank about 20.00, less than 100.00 for gaskets, bearings and rings, misc. What I'm trying to say is if your block doesn't need bored (no more than .010 taper top to bottom), and if you don't have a ridge built up from the low compression pistons you may get by with out machining, I bought a 340 short block from a drag car with minimal passes on it and got by with just honing, rings and bearings. Oh what the hell do I know????? Good Luck Walt:toothy10:

I think a 360 with a mild cam in an A body will go faster than that. I'd say low14s with marginal traction. A 318 stock lower end with the same bolt ons went 15.2 in a heavier E body. You may be surprised what it can do with a set of small diameter slicks...

-
Back