Antenna Fender Hole Differences

-

desmo900

Reaction score
As expected the 1067 Dart antenna is a one year only (like everything else). I am trying to figure out if the the fender hole for the antenna base is the same on 67-69. They repop the 1968 up antenna in both power and stationary styles. I would be content to go that way but experience has taught me that the 1968-up part don't always graft well ( hello wiper pivot linkages and rear quarter glass...).

Anybody know if the diameter and style of the holes are the same? Or have access to both a 67 and 68 or 69 passenger fender to check? Pics would be great. Thanks.

Anybody have a 68 or 69 passenger fender who could post a picture of the hole possibly with a measuring tape beside it?

here are some photos of my '69

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image3.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 154
  • image2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 173
I have a power intenna on mine that a previous owner installed, that allows for easy installation of the car cover. Just a thought. Andrew

Not sure about a dart but on the barracuda 67' is different than 68'-69'
The hole on the 67' is smaller it could be opened up to accommodate the 68 up
antenna

I knew they were different but couldn't say for sure which is the smaller without removing the antenna from the 68 car. If I'm going to change the hole in a 67 fender, I'm going with the short angled rubber mast antenna like on wifes RAV4 .

The hole is smaller than the later antenna. I took a later antenna and ground down the OD of the fender bezel until it fit in my 67 hole.

-
Back