Anti Freeze question

-

YellowDart69

Reaction score
Time to replace my anti freeze. Do people still use ethylene glycol? My Dart is a '69. It will be in there for a long time, and car is not used very much. Thanks

Green is king!

These days they have orange coolant and red trans fluid and blue oil. What's next?

I like having distinct colors for my fluids so I know what's leaking from where.

It used to be easy.

Green coolant
Brown oil
Clear or red power steering fluid
Red trans fluid.

That waterless coolant sounds like a neat product. Do you have any experience with it?

I use Evan’s. I won’t go back to anything else.

If for no other reason than it doesn’t make pressure.

It’s easier on the hoses, hose clamps and head gaskets. No pressure reduces the chances of leaks.

You can walk up to a hot engine and remove the cap and not have hot coolant scald your skin off.

And it does everything the others do and the stuff they can’t.

its illegal on the strip but other than that, sounds like a winner! That Dex-cool about ruined my Suburban. Going on a multi state road trip and we pull into an Albuquerque service station running a little hot. Right as I'm about to pop the hood, the stat housing blows out and dex cool shoots everywhere UNDER the still closed hood. What the hell just happened? There was a 1" chunk of that PLASTIC housing that blew out and vented the hot coolant seconds before I would have opened the hood. Dans chemistry lesson proved right, that **** softened that plastic enought to grenade it. The rest of the housing was so brittle it just crumbled under my hand. Autozone next door had one in chrome (oooh!) and it bolted right on, added more dex-cool and completed our trip. Did a full flush and used gool ol' green prestone after that.

-
Back