Any advice for a V10 rebuild???

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any experience or advice around a V10 rebuild. I’ve got a friend who has one that needs rebuilt and offered to but before I get it in my possession I want to make sure it isn’t s big deal. Thanks again for any and all advice or suggestions.

Jake

I would consider this one of those instances where the factory service manuals and tech bulletins for the year model you are working on would be almost mandatory. Things are probably just different enough to make it have more than a few quirks. There are some videos on YouTube of some oil pressure improvement modifications that seem to be a popular improvement.

It's a small block with two more cylinders. But like Garrett says, the service manual is your friend. I did head gaskets on one years ago and was surprised at all the similarities with the small block.

Just curious if it’s a hd truck v10 or the viper/srt10 high performance v10, and from what year? I wouldn’t be able to pass on the opportunity to rebuild one, definitely not something your going to see every day.

aside from FSM, I didn't find a lot of info on them. I've been told that the truck v10 has little to no parts sharing with the viper v10. I find they're kind of intriguing, but there isn't much aftermarket stuff for the truck v10. I like it in my 01 ram3500, very smooth, pretty good torque, but doesn't seem to have a heck of a lot of hp.

Just curious if it’s a hd truck v10 or the viper/srt10 high performance v10, and from what year? I wouldn’t be able to pass on the opportunity to rebuild one, definitely not something your going to see every day.
That’s my thought as well. It’s something new to try on.

Jake

I've never heard anything about the V10. Nuthin. That's usually a good thing. If they were bad about cracking heads, we'd know it.

good to know. im looking at pickup up a 2500 4wd with a v10 for the power and to avoid the head issue.

-
Back