any aspen/volare fans?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the entire roof cut off a 79 with T-tops I may be persuaded to sell for enough cash.

Glad to see you finally got it home. It's been a long wait! Enjoy your car!

Hopefully i took them right.I tried some new settings on the camera.im still trying to de young person the car at the moment,so if you see something out of place,besides the 17 inch wheels,please let me know.

forgot the pic tures,been a busy day! lol

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Ah ha! Ya gotta SE!
Nice! Congradulations on the new kid.
Now the journy begins.

Later,
Bruce B.

The Aspen in my avatar is my wife's summer driver. My uncle bought it new 79 it was a duster package car had duster swirl the back. He ordered the r/t spoiler and louvers when he bought it. 318 with air. It has had frame repairs. Doing a 73 scamp for her now Aspen will be for sale this summer. My summer car is also from the same uncle 65 cutlas f85 rag top. Also doing a 72 demon 340 # matching. I have never formally introduced myself but plan to when I get more picks of everything.

show us pics when you get them.Im planning the rear spoiler,and louvered windows for this car,as soon as i get the cash for them.I hope that is soon.

I took the quarter windows out of my Volare on Sunday. Still dirty, haven't had time to clean and check them yet. Also pulled rear window trim. I'll try to get everything cleaned up and checked out this weekend. Are you still interested?

Another member has some he offered to sale me,along with most everything else i want/need as a package deal.But i will have to see what exactly what he has or doesnt have before i know for sure.

I have to say,im not surprised,ive always heard these cars were real rust buckets,even early in life.I guess its gonna be a por15 and kitty hair car,lol.Im not taking this thing all apart like i know it should be done,because ill never get to drive it,and it will turn into a forever project.Ive got enough of those already.I think its gonna get some quick,but good prep work,and prob have peach spray it for me.I cant buy the paint and materials for what they will spray it for.3 coats of base,and 3 coats of clear for less than 500.00 is a deal.The prep work is the hard part that dont usually get done right anyways,ill do that myself.Then after its painted,ill sand and buff it myself.

I drove the car around the subdivision across the street a couple times tonight,and it has all gears except drive.I got it plenty fast to go into drive,but its a no go.Oh well,i guess the lockup 904 out of the dart will be going in now.Its rebuilt and only has somewere around 3000 miles on it,and shifts great.Oh,i did get on the throttle pretty hard from a 5-10 mph roll.It roasts the tires pretty good.Im guessing that means its got some low gears in the 8.25,so that will be another thing that will have to go.Ive got a b body 8.75 with some 2.76 or 2.46 gears,so thats prob what ill go with.

Im gonna take the lockup 904 outta the dart for the volare,and if i have time,put a 727 in the dart with a 2500-2800 stall converter out of my old truck.I also gonna try to build up an exhaust for the volare,since someone gave me a bunch of 2.25 exhaust tubing.I tried the charger R/T wheels on the volare.The rears fit fine,the fronts wont fit over the front hubs or something.I really couldnt tell what the interference is,since the car wasnt jacked up and on stands for me to get under and look.

Im kind of discouraged.I took the rear seat out tonight to look for a build sheet,and almost fell through the floor.The rear seat frame basically fell to pieces.The upholstery and foam is good,but anything steel is gone.So now i need all floor pans,and a complete rear seat frame.I havent tried to take the front buckets out,im scared to.Im afraid they might fall apart too.

And for anyone signed onto my site and cant get in, all is needed is an email to me, the login name and the email addy used to look at it, the dang russians and chinks try to reg almost 20-30 times a night so I have to keep the settings as the are.

now you are a racist too huh?

take a hike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back