Any bowhunters? Got some pics of my 2010 bow kill...

-

ATW

Reaction score
I'm an avid bowhunter, but I've been pretty selective in the buck I want to harvest so I had a dry spell of 11 years without harvesting a buck that got me excited. I started bowhunting at age 12 in 1999... where I shot my first buck with a bow in late October. Nothing monstrous, but it was my FIRST ONE. :)

Picture when I was 12 with my first bow kill:

firstbowbuck.jpg

After that... no bucks. I could've harvested dozens of the one pictured above, but I'd always seen bigger ones so I held out..

Zoom to 2010: I am 23 years old, working full-time, a full-time student, and a single dad. Time is working against me for sure... I told myself that I was going to shoot something this year.. and my patience paid off.

I shot this buck on November 6th 2010. 18" wide, 8 point. Scored 136. A good buck to end my 10+ year dry spell.

scan001001.jpg

And the Euro mount I am doIng of the skull:

skull-1.jpg

Anyone else have a bowhunt success story?

nice, ive been bowhunting a few times, I just need to buy a new bow and dont have the money. Got my stand and everything but nothing to shoot the deer with haha

I just started bowhunting this year. I am also very selective, so I didn't get anything but saw a bunch but nothing that was worth it. Nice Deer. Do you know what it scored?

I never re-scored it after the drying period, but I roughed it around 136.

I've been bowhunting since the mid 70's and I've shot a lot of little bucks . Then a five-six years ago I got 2 Pope and Youngers in one year. I had to learn to let the little ones go by but sometimes that isn't so easy, especially as the season goes on. A couple years after that I got one Pope and Young and my second one just missed. Seems like I go in spurts. I'll try to send you some pics sometime. Happy hunting.

Got to my computer that had my deer heads on file. The first pic is of the year I got one that made Pope and Young and the other one didn't. The second pic is of the year that I got really lucky and got 2 that made Pope and Young. In the second pic the 4 by 4 scored 129 and the 5 by 5 scored in the low 140's. Love that bowhunting!!!

Attachments

• 2007 deer skulls 004.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 116
  • P1010064.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 71
-
Back