any car modelers here??

-

fstfish66

Reaction score
QUESTION,,,, does any one remember back in the 1990s they were selling what they called pro street or prostock model kits?? im wanting to know were they 1;24 or 1;25 scale and if they are still available ? dont seem to be any hobby shops local to me any more,,

One of the best one was the AMT Coronet Super Bee Pro street kit 1/25.
It came with MT tires out back and skinnies up front. Plus it also came with a dual overhead cam engine. Don't now if you can get today but I was picking them up at Big Lots for 4.99 each back in the late 90's. The AMT 66 Nova was also a popular pro street kit. Another good one is the Revell Matt and Debbie Hayes pro street Thunderbird. I used the kit for a bad pro street 70 Mustang. Again don't know if you can get these off the shelf but I am sure you can at some swapmeats.

As Noel said the Pro Street Coronet was a popular kit. From the winter time model thread it seems like this wound up as a platform for a lot of kit bashed other Pro-Street kits.

Just glancing through some of the online model stores doesn't seem like there's many out there anymore.

Swap meets, flea markets, garbage...err, garage sales, eBay.

20100110_5.JPG

my variation on the Coronet kit

20100110_5.JPG

i have a couple 66 hemi under glass kits,,and i want to do one like my real cuda,,so i thought about those pro street kits,, i do now remember the cornet kit,,and thinking i should of bought it,,,ill have to check and see what scale my 66 under glass kit really is,,,thanks for the replys,,,

i have a couple 66 hemi under glass kits,,and i want to do one like my real cuda,,so i thought about those pro street kits,, i do now remember the cornet kit,,and thinking i should of bought it,,,ill have to check and see what scale my 66 under glass kit really is,,,thanks for the replys,,,

Do you have the Cuda body already? The Coronet kit has a very good chassis. I cut the real section and glued it to the rest of the Revell chassis for my pro street Dart.

DSC00004 (Custom).JPG

DSC00005 (Custom).JPG

DSC00012 (Custom).JPG

I've been away from model cars for about 10 years since I was about 18-19 years old. I've been looking to find a 73-76 Duster but haven't been able to find one. I really hope one of the companies remakes one so I can grab one.

Is everyone still using testors enamal? I've used water based paints on miniature war game models and I find I get a smoother finish.

Riddler

One of the best one was the AMT Coronet Super Bee Pro street kit 1/25.
The AMT 66 Nova was also a popular pro street kit.

The Pro street kits are starting to get tough to find, they've been discontinued for about 10 years now and starting to increase in value.

The Coronet kit is real nice, even the stock issue. The chassis fits the old JoHan B-Body kits like a glove with very minor trimming, mainly just around the hood area so the AMT fenderwells fit the JoHan body.

For your Cuda, I would use the back half of the Nova kit and the front half of the AMT Duster kit. I used the Nova kit to tub a 65 Barracuda kit, still needed to do some trimming but not as much as the Coronet kit.

I 'may" have an extra 66 annual kit or just the body laying around if you wanted it to be more accurate than the Hemi Under Glass. I will have to look in my stash to see if I still have an extra one though, I've been doing a lot of trading lately with my extra Mopar annuals and not sure what I still have extras of.

Do you have the Cuda body already? The Coronet kit has a very good chassis. I cut the real section and glued it to the rest of the Revell chassis for my pro street Dart.

yes i have 3 66 cuda bodies,,been packed away for YEARSSS not sure the scale,,, that was my thinking to cut the rear off of a prostreet model like you did in your pic,,looks great,, i havent built a modle in 30 years easy,,

when the die cast thing came along i sold off a ton of unbuilt johann mopar kits,,,,the front suspension on your even looks real,,,keep us posted on this,,,,any one here havea cornet prostreet kit ???

i have a late model duster unopened,,i plan on using the small block hoping its a mopar motor and not a generic engine,,,and a box of other models i collected to get the parts i need to lok real to my real cuda

The Pro street kits are starting to get tough to find, they've been discontinued for about 10 years now and starting to increase in value.

The Coronet kit is real nice, even the stock issue. The chassis fits the old JoHan B-Body kits like a glove with very minor trimming, mainly just around the hood area so the AMT fenderwells fit the JoHan body.

For your Cuda, I would use the back half of the Nova kit and the front half of the AMT Duster kit. I used the Nova kit to tub a 65 Barracuda kit, still needed to do some trimming but not as much as the Coronet kit.

I 'may" have an extra 66 annual kit or just the body laying around if you wanted it to be more accurate than the Hemi Under Glass. I will have to look in my stash to see if I still have an extra one though, I've been doing a lot of trading lately with my extra Mopar annuals and not sure what I still have extras of.

blown fish,,you have a extra 66 body with out the rear wheel wells cut open like the under glass???? ide be intrested in it,,,i also have 2 65 s i plan to make one good one out of,,long story,,and i do remembere the nova prostreet kit,, i am going to have to get my kits out see what i have,,,where would i lok for the nova kit ??? thanks don

yes i have 3 66 cuda bodies,,been packed away for YEARSSS not sure the scale,,, that was my thinking to cut the rear off of a prostreet model like you did in your pic,,looks great,, i havent built a modle in 30 years easy,,

when the die cast thing came along i sold off a ton of unbuilt johann mopar kits,,,,the front suspension on your even looks real,,,keep us posted on this,,,,any one here havea cornet prostreet kit ???

i have a late model duster unopened,,i plan on using the small block hoping its a mopar motor and not a generic engine,,,and a box of other models i collected to get the parts i need to lok real to my real cuda

The AMT 66 is 1/25th scale.

You sold vintage plastic for Die cast??? OUCH!!! I got caught up in the die cast thing a while back, BIG mistake, I lost my but on that adventure.

That duster is a real nice kit, you will probably want to use the front suspension as well as the inner fenders,not real accurate for the 66, but looks nice, I cut some out of an old Merc kit and grafted them to look like the 65 inner fenders. The engine is an actual small block, not one of the old generic engines that came in the old 60's/70's kits

blown fish,,you have a extra 66 body with out the rear wheel wells cut open like the under glass???? ide be intrested in it,,,i also have 2 65 s i plan to make one good one out of,,long story,,and i do remembere the nova prostreet kit,, i am going to have to get my kits out see what i have,,,where would i lok for the nova kit ??? thanks don

I just looked and I have one clean 66 body and two that need work, I don't have any hoods though, you'd have to cut the one out of a Riggle kit and file it to fit.

I will try and get some photos of them and email them to you, I'l try tonight, if not, then it will be Sunday.

The nova kit actually started as a pro stock kit and changed little if at all except the box art and they called it a pro street. I now remember amt did a pro street malibu as well that was also a pro stock. I will see if I have an extra chassis for you. Like Blownfish said the back half would work good.

The front of my Dart is the Revell release from 8? years ago. Very good tooling. It works on most mopars.

Late model Duster as in 73-76? I've been searching for one. Was thinking of going to one of the local shops that has a back room full of old dusty kits. I've found some gems in there before.

Riddler

Late model Duster as in 73-76? I've been searching for one. Was thinking of going to one of the local shops that has a back room full of old dusty kits. I've found some gems in there before.

Riddler

He is referring to the current (new tooling) issue of the 71 Duster that is available.

The only 73-76 Dusters would be the MPC annual or one of the early pro stock kits from 74ish, both big $$ kits. The original mold was modified to make the Dart Sport kits back around 75ish. Your best bet is watch greedbay, they do pop up fairly often, prices range from $30 for a bagged builder to upwards of $100+ for a mint kit which should be left as such.

Just don't get fooled by the recent reissue of a 75 Duster that AMT/ERTL put out a few years ago, it is actually a Dart Sport kit.

ok thanks for all the replys,,,

first ide like to say,,how do you have more then one quote in your post????

blown fish,,ide gladly buy that clean 66 if it doesnt have the rear wheel wells cut out....

on the dart model what is the front suspension out of??

i went and dug out my box of kits,,,the duster model is about 14 years old unopened 1971 340 car,,,from the pic on the box the motor appears to be a mopar looking motor,,,

i do have a E body cuda unopened called a prostreet but the tires are no where near as wide as the ones on the dart model pictured, that i guess is the back half from the 70 coronet prostreet kit,,wishing now i would of gotten one of those ill have to check big lots as stated, ,,,

the body i was talking about useing is not a modern repop,, it is an AMT 1;24 scale kit called the HEMI HUSTLER pictured in blue with white center panel, super boss barracuda funny car,,,it is the same kit offered as a HURST HEMI UNDER GLASS from that era,,just different decals,,,i got this around 1980ish,,no decals,,,but complete,,, i also picked up 2 more of those kits,not complete,,,at a big car model swap when i lived in the chicago area...

i also have an unopened repop HUST KIT from a few years ago,,

like i said i havent built a model in 30 years,,this is going to be a challenge,,ill need to get a DREMEL tool im sure,, what glue are you guys using these days?? i am going to have to search for a hobby shop,,

if any one is intrested i have a box,,(not the real box) of 3 munster coches..enough parts for probably 2 kits,,free for the price of shipping if any one is intrested,,, [OR]

Just click the quote + for as many as you want to respond to.

The chassis on the Dart is the stock Revell one it came with. I grafted the rear tub part from the AMT Coronet Suber Bee. The 71 AMT Duster 340 kit has some great parts as well. 340 engine, rallye dash. and some other stuff.

ok thanks for all the replys,,,

first ide like to say,,how do you have more then one quote in your post????

blown fish,,ide gladly buy that clean 66 if it doesnt have the rear wheel wells cut out....

on the dart model what is the front suspension out of??

i went and dug out my box of kits,,,the duster model is about 14 years old unopened 1971 340 car,,,from the pic on the box the motor appears to be a mopar looking motor,,,

i do have a E body cuda unopened called a prostreet but the tires are no where near as wide as the ones on the dart model pictured, that i guess is the back half from the 70 coronet prostreet kit,,wishing now i would of gotten one of those ill have to check big lots as stated, ,,,

the body i was talking about useing is not a modern repop,, it is an AMT 1;24 scale kit called the HEMI HUSTLER pictured in blue with white center panel, super boss barracuda funny car,,,it is the same kit offered as a HURST HEMI UNDER GLASS from that era,,just different decals,,,i got this around 1980ish,,no decals,,,but complete,,, i also picked up 2 more of those kits,not complete,,,at a big car model swap when i lived in the chicago area...

i also have an unopened repop HUST KIT from a few years ago,,

like i said i havent built a model in 30 years,,this is going to be a challenge,,ill need to get a DREMEL tool im sure,, what glue are you guys using these days?? i am going to have to search for a hobby shop,,

if any one is intrested i have a box,,(not the real box) of 3 munster coches..enough parts for probably 2 kits,,free for the price of shipping if any one is intrested,,, [OR]

The body is real nice, has some yellow stains from a previos paint job that I stripped. The wheelwells are not cut and the wheelwell trim is intact.

Don't cut up or use the Hustler kit for parts, there are plenty of the current Riggle kits around to get all the chrome, glass, hood and misc parts you need. How nice is the Hustler box? those original kits can be worth quite a bit, I have a few of them as well as a sealed Hustler kit from when I was a kid.

I may be interseted in the old kits you have depending on which boxes/issues they are.

Which 65 kits do you have? Are they annuals or are they the Hemi under Glass kit with the 65 on the box? the current 65 Hemi under Glass kits are all 66's, ERTL screwed up and printed some boxes with the Aroura 65 picture on the box and some with the AMT 68 on the box but they are still the 66 kit inside.

The body is real nice, has some yellow stains from a previos paint job that I stripped. The wheelwells are not cut and the wheelwell trim is intact.

Don't cut up or use the Hustler kit for parts, there are plenty of the current Riggle kits around to get all the chrome, glass, hood and misc parts you need. How nice is the Hustler box? those original kits can be worth quite a bit, I have a few of them as well as a sealed Hustler kit from when I was a kid.

I may be interseted in the old kits you have depending on which boxes/issues they are.

Which 65 kits do you have? Are they annuals or are they the Hemi under Glass kit with the 65 on the box? the current 65 Hemi under Glass kits are all 66's, ERTL screwed up and printed some boxes with the Aroura 65 picture on the box and some with the AMT 68 on the box but they are still the 66 kit inside.

blown fish,,, i didnt know there were selling 65s a gain,,i heard some of the boxes with the 66 under glass have the 67 body in them,,

i have 2 65 cars,,stock body style,,not hemi under glass,,,both will make one finished car,,one was my dads,he built,,,strange thing is,,when i was a kid,, i tore the 65 apart,,,it was done nicley,,painted gold,,i slapped some bondo on it,,painted it black,,put big tires on the back and carbs out of the hood,,,i was probably 13 or 14,,do you see where the influence came from ?? .lol..it has sat in a box for years,,,missing parts,,i purchased a built 65 on e bay a few years ago,, to make one good one and make it the way my dad built it,,,

i have one unopend riggle repop,,,the hustlers dont have any decals,,i have 2 complete kits,, and an extra hustler body,,maybe some parts,,

i had a weird arurora 1/32 hemi under glass,,those boxes didnt come wrapped,,,but the pieces in side were all in sealed bags,,even had pit people, ,sold it a few years back,,

all the other kits i have are of all types of cars,, with the parts i need to build one like my real prostreet car,,,,let me know if you want to sell the 66 body,,,and what cars your looking for,, i may of found a prostreet coronet,,, i have also located a prostreet nova,,not sure if it has runbber tires,,i know the coronet does,,

blown fish,,, i didnt know there were selling 65s a gain,,i heard some of the boxes with the 66 under glass have the 67 body in them,,

i have 2 65 cars,,stock body style,,not hemi under glass,,,both will make one finished car,,one was my dads,he built,,,strange thing is,,when i was a kid,, i tore the 65 apart,,,it was done nicley,,painted gold,,i slapped some bondo on it,,painted it black,,put big tires on the back and carbs out of the hood,,,i was probably 13 or 14,,do you see where the influence came from ?? .lol..it has sat in a box for years,,,missing parts,,i purchased a built 65 on e bay a few years ago,, to make one good one and make it the way my dad built it,,,

i have one unopend riggle repop,,,the hustlers dont have any decals,,i have 2 complete kits,, and an extra hustler body,,maybe some parts,,

i had a weird arurora 1/32 hemi under glass,,those boxes didnt come wrapped,,,but the pieces in side were all in sealed bags,,even had pit people, ,sold it a few years back,,

all the other kits i have are of all types of cars,, with the parts i need to build one like my real prostreet car,,,,let me know if you want to sell the 66 body,,,and what cars your looking for,, i may of found a prostreet coronet,,, i have also located a prostreet nova,,not sure if it has runbber tires,,i know the coronet does,,

Actually, their not. The box showed a 65 (the photo from the Aroura kit) but the kit is the 66, The person in charge of having the boxes printed screwed up. The kit that has the 67/68 car on the box is also a screw up, it is a 66 kit as well.

If they aren't mint, then it doesn't matter too much but the boxes are worth money, I would be interested in them if I don't have that box, there were 3 issues of the Hemi Hustler and I only have 2 of them.

The Pro Street Nova kit had two different tires, they were the same as the ones in the old AMT Willy's kits but some had tread and some didn't. The ones in the Coronet kits would come the closest to what you have on your car.

I'll try and get those photos tomorrow, I just got back from a bike show in Indy and I'm wore out.

i scored a unopened super beee/ coronet prostreet kit on e bag,,there were 3 on the first day i looked then about 6 the next day,, one was a reissue,,, yellow on the box,,

got it for 12 and shipping,,,,,all i need n ow is a dremel tool,,,,and what kind of glue are we using these days???

i scored a unopened super beee/ coronet prostreet kit on e bag,,there were 3 on the first day i looked then about 6 the next day,, one was a reissue,,, yellow on the box,,

got it for 12 and shipping,,,,,all i need n ow is a dremel tool,,,,and what kind of glue are we using these days???

Congrats on the find! :cheers: I have been using Model Masters liquid cement. The needle applicator is nice.

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

so did you build a 65 body or 66 ? i e mailed you,, take your time,,,

Hey Don

I emailed the photos to you last night, did you get them? If not, PM me and I'll resend them.

I have 9-10 of the 65 annuals that I've been messing with, I haven't built any of the reissues yet.

Hey Don

I emailed the photos to you last night, did you get them? If not, PM me and I'll resend them.

I have 9-10 of the 65 annuals that I've been messing with, I haven't built any of the reissues yet.

ken,,yes recieved the pics,,,kool thanks i returned e mail,,,, you saying you have 9 or 10 1965 kits??? did they ever reissue the 65?? ide like to get one i have 2 that i can make one out of,,but a new reissue would work,,,,thanks

-
Back