any dodge transmission tech's?

-

66plyValiant

Reaction score
not sure where to post this, but is there any dodge tech's that work on transmissions on this board?

I have a 2002 neon, 2.0 automatic with the electronic transmission, gave me troubles before, had to replace shift solenoid because cover on TCM rusted away and shorted out both TCM and shift soleniod

I replaced both TCM (with used and had programmed) and shift soleniod (with new chrysler one)

car shifts excellent but when slowing down it goes into a neutral, sometimes slowing down and going up a hill will produce the same results

what could this be? bad transmission? seems weird the transmission would be gone but still shift perfectly and other then the neutral problem car works excellent

sounds like the PCM needs to be re-flashed ...

after it slips into neutral ....does it clunk or go into 1st gear kinda rough?

and may seem elemetary ....but did you check the fluid level?

also is it possible someone put dexron or the wrong fluid in?

its supposed to take ATF+4

dexron or others are the wrong fluid for an electronic ATX

sounds like the PCM needs to be re-flashed ...

after it slips into neutral ....does it clunk or go into 1st gear kinda rough?

and may seem elemetary ....but did you check the fluid level?

after it slips into neutral you can hear a little clunk and your good to go again, I let right off until it goes back into gear again. when I put TCM in I had a good friend of mine and a well seasoned chrysler tech bring home chryslers scan tool and he did a quick learn on it, no more check engine light and no pending codes

fluid level is good, I always use the chrysler ATF +4 and napa transmission filter and gasket and change it myself (I'm 3 year apprentice)

started doing it about a week before it went into limp mode, now that its fixed it does it all the time

check engine light came on for the first time in 3 months tonight on the way home, was waiting for it because without it I can't do diagnostics, have the P0700 code now (generic transmission code)

-
Back