Any feedback on Len Dawson parts, please???

-

AussiePlymouths

Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone has dealt with Len Dawson (sells NOS parts). He advertises in the Plymouth Bulliten (and has done for years) and he has the parts that I want. BUT, he doesn't have a secure page for payments by credit card on his website and he is asking me to give my credit card details to him through a HOTMAIL email address???? Anyone had any dealings with him that way?
Appreciate some feedback before I buy.
Many thanks
Gary

Just wondering whether anyone has dealt with Len Dawson (sells NOS parts). He advertises in the Plymouth Bulliten (and has done for years) and he has the parts that I want. BUT, he doesn't have a secure page for payments by credit card on his website and he is asking me to give my credit card details to him through a HOTMAIL email address???? Anyone had any dealings with him that way?
Appreciate some feedback before I buy.
Many thanks
Gary

I don't trust non secure websites.

I understand his not having e-commerce set up on his website. i found it far too complicated for my use.
That leaves paypal, personal checls, or money orders as the only options.

You can also phone him. I've done business with him a number of times with no problem.

Thanks fellas - appreciate the feedback. I take your point mcode and I'll call him. Safest way I think, especially from another country. I'll let you know how I go.
Thanks again to all
Gary

He is sort of Old school. In old days, he printed up a 50 page parts list.
Deception pass is a marine passageway near his house. Huge whirlpools at that point.

Did you see him (Len?) or talk on the phone or something?
Just wondering because I'm a bit touchy about sending my credit card details to a hotmail email and I would like the parts. Thought maybe i could ring him from Australia (if I can work out the time differences - I rang Andy Bernbaum about 20 years ago and it was 2am - not a happy chappy that Andy - didn't get my parts. haha)
maybe if I rang Len I could give him my credit card details on the phone???

Gary...here's some contact info from his site...

[SIZE=+1]There are also [SIZE=+2]4[/SIZE] ways to contact us[/SIZE]​
  1. By Mail: 15541 Yokeko Drive, Anacortes, WA 98221
  2. By Fax: (360) 293-1032
  3. By Voice Mail: (360) 299-2582 - Secure line; can be used to place credit card orders
  4. By E-Mail: [email protected]. Use ONLY to place credit card orders. Show 'MOPAR' on the subject line. Please don't use E-Mail for any other purpose.
dottedLine.jpg

Hope this helps....​

Did you see him (Len?) or talk on the phone or something?
Just wondering because I'm a bit touchy about sending my credit card details to a hotmail email and I would like the parts. Thought maybe i could ring him from Australia (if I can work out the time differences - I rang Andy Bernbaum about 20 years ago and it was 2am - not a happy chappy that Andy - didn't get my parts. haha)
maybe if I rang Len I could give him my credit card details on the phone???

Hi Gary,

Not sure what part of Oz you are in, but if you're on the east coast, and it's a business you are trying to contact, try calling first thing in the morning (like 6-8am), it should be mid-to-late afternoon of the previous day in the US.

If it's a private number you are calling, you can probably get away with calling early/mid-morning our time, I wouldn't recommend any later than about 9-10am if they are on the US east coast, or midday if they are on the west coast.

If you call in the afternoon or evening (our time), you will almost certainly be waking them up in the wee hours of the morning.

Gary...here's some contact info from his site...

[SIZE=+1]There are also [SIZE=+2]4[/SIZE] ways to contact us[/SIZE]​
  1. By Mail: 15541 Yokeko Drive, Anacortes, WA 98221
  2. By Fax: (360) 293-1032
  3. By Voice Mail: (360) 299-2582 - Secure line; can be used to place credit card orders
  4. By E-Mail: [email protected]. Use ONLY to place credit card orders. Show 'MOPAR' on the subject line. Please don't use E-Mail for any other purpose.
dottedLine.jpg

Hope this helps....​

I have done business with him several times and it works out just great. The best way to order is to email him the order and ask him which time it's best to call and give him the credit card details. Awesome parts too.

I've purchased from him 3-4 times. Never a problem - even emailing my CC info. He won't cut you any deals on price though - even for a big order :)

Just call him...he is old school..that's okay when you recieve your perfect part...I got my NOS overflow bottle from him and wouldn't think twice about buying from him again and will in a few days...:headbang:

Hi Gary,

Not sure what part of Oz you are in, but if you're on the east coast, and it's a business you are trying to contact, try calling first thing in the morning (like 6-8am), it should be mid-to-late afternoon of the previous day in the US.

If it's a private number you are calling, you can probably get away with calling early/mid-morning our time, I wouldn't recommend any later than about 9-10am if they are on the US east coast, or midday if they are on the west coast.

If you call in the afternoon or evening (our time), you will almost certainly be waking them up in the wee hours of the morning.

He would be on Pacific (west coast) time.

-
Back