Any FORD mechanics here ????

-
Joey says it needs reprogramming. So now we have cars bein made customers caint even replace their own batteries in. That's gay.
yeah......... yep..... yeppers..

guess how long this Ferd will be around after it's reprogrammed..

when i worked for ford,left in 2012, and we had a wrench lite come on, ford told us to check codes, overlay thr throttle body wiring harness with homemade harness and if that didn't fix it replace the throttle body.

The drive by wire went bad eh? I suppose I'd pull the codes now .OP did you say it had a Check engine light?

when i worked for ford,left in 2012, and we had a wrench lite come on, ford told us to check codes, overlay thr throttle body wiring harness with homemade harness and if that didn't fix it replace the throttle body.
Sounds expensive.... I'll have to have quote before they "dig in". I'm not wrapping up 1200 bucks in repairs.. I'll part it then scrap it first... Or, slant swap it.. LOL

Them 6 cyl Mustangs are cheap in my neck of the woods. It would be a good body to do any swap as far as being cheap...

Them 6 cyl Mustangs are cheap in my neck of the woods. It would be a good body to do any swap as far as being cheap...
We are into it cheap... been a good car for about 4 yrs - up till today. Yes, with it being rear wheel, swaps are easily possible.. I have a 440 :D

Gosh, it probably only needs a reflash. That's only like 100 bucks, plus the tow......unless you have a trailer.

Did you check the output of the alt?
I did not, but the gage showed everything was fine. It ran GREAT (normal) just yesterday after we jumped it. The battery just wouldn't turn it over anymore. Only thing that changed was a simple battery swap.

I did not, but the gage showed everything was fine. It ran GREAT (normal) just yesterday after we jumped it. The battery just wouldn't turn it over anymore. Only thing that changed was a simple battery swap.
Could have spiked a diode in the alt with the jump. Onlu\y pumping out half the voltage

Only tool a Ford mechanic has is a hammer. Oh forgot, a role of bailing wire too

Son-in-law hooked it up, codes are
P2111
P2104

-
Back