Any gun nuts here?

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
I have an odd request. Im looking for a good website/store/whatever to find an cheap AK-47 ............ .. no.... I am not going on a shooting rampage. My Grandpa got me interested in guns a while ago. Just one of those guns i would like to own for awhile, try out, then move on to another. Anobody have any information, (tips, tricks, faults, or whatever) for the AK? The reason i want to try AK is I assume parts, ammo, ect...would be cheap considering alot of military or militia use. I would like to find a used one if at all possible.

You can try www.gunbroker.com and www.gunsamerica.com. Also look at the SKS. It is the predasessor to the AK-47 and are very fun, solid, reliable and accurate rifles. It uses the same 7.62 ammo as the AK are a little more reasonable. You can pick Yugo 59/66's up for $150.00-$250.00 range and Chinese and Russian's in the $300-$500.00 range.

Here is a pict of my yugo 59/66 SKS with the grenade launcher and 20 round fixed magazine.

The piston was hit dead center at 40 feet with the above rifle with stock open sights.

Joe

sks3.jpg

piston2.jpg

Make sure you do some research first. Theres some differences between the romanian and bulgarian models. Dont know if they have a website but a gun shop in griffith indiana called Blythes deals in them. I would go with and Ar 15 though.

sorry i can't help but i have one of these. Dont know anything about guns really was told this is an ak anybody know?

MVC-001F.jpg

You can try www.gunbroker.com and www.gunsamerica.com. Also look at the SKS. It is the predasessor to the AK-47 and are very solid reliable rifles.

Here is a pict of my yugo 59/66 SKS with the grenade launcher and 20 round fixed magazine.

Joe

probably a dumb question but what exactly is the difference between the AK and the SKS

The SKS was built to Replace the Russian bolt action Mosin Nagant in the late 40's. The SKS has a very similar action to the AK. They are a little heavier but were designed as field battle rifles where the AK-47 and variants were designed for more close quarters assault type fighting. The SKS has more accuracy while the AK is a more spray and pray type weapon.

A stock SKS has a fixed 10 round magazine where the AK uses removable high cap mags. I like the SKS better but that is just my opinion.

Joe

I have a Norinco version of the SKS and it shoots really well. I bought it and the AK's because ammo was cheap. If I need accuracy or something that hits harder, I'll take the Garand or FAL. I like the AR15 and the Mini14, too. But I think my next long gun is going to be an M1A.
gunsmediumzk6.png

sorry i can't help but i have one of these. Dont know anything about guns really was told this is an ak anybody know?

AK-47 is just what type/style of rifle is called,there are a bunch of diferent manufacturers,options and designs.That is a AK-47 type rifle and its chinese made and imported by norinco arms (mak-90),the thumbhole stock and lack of fire supressor were to make them legal during the assault weapon ban.Ive had a couple of those and they were a great cheap,reliable version,now with the import bans they now are assembled by U.S. companies with a certain number of U.S. made parts,here a great site with alot of knowledge. http://www.ak-47.net/

Here is my baby.... Fully custom 340 weatherby by Woods Rifle AK's and SKS are usually available at your local pawn and gun shops. Nice cheap rifles. Hell, my 250 grains are $100.00 per 20 That can get expensive fast. But it will drop an elephant. Ever seen a milk jug explode at 635 yards? 8)

PB250647 (Large).jpg

they are all fun guns. but i guarantee you will not find a cheap ak. they are getting rather high. even the sks rifles are getting high. a few years back you could buy a sks for under 100. now they are bringing 200 minimum and up.

I have an odd request. Im looking for a good website/store/whatever to find an cheap AK-47 ............ .. no.... I am not going on a shooting rampage. My Grandpa got me interested in guns a while ago. Just one of those guns i would like to own for awhile, try out, then move on to another. Anobody have any information, (tips, tricks, faults, or whatever) for the AK? The reason i want to try AK is I assume parts, ammo, ect...would be cheap considering alot of military or militia use. I would like to find a used one if at all possible.

To protect your home and family all you need is this .50AE Cal:

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=Black-10

or this(my personal fav except for the redecoration aftermath):

http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_Guns/930/New/50591.jpg

No Kidding about the redecoration aftermath with that shotgun. You hit a burglar in your house with that sucker and you are going to make one heck of a mess and give that burglar a real bad day LOL!:-D

That 50cal will solve many problems as well!

The piston was hit dead center at 40 feet with the above rifle with stock open sights.

Joe

A 4" piston at a whole 40 feet?

Here's a shot for ya.

One thin dime

50 Yards (150 feet)

AR-15 (1:12 twist 55gr)

Dime shot.jpg

i shot a dove in mid flight with ak-47. i have had quiet a few amazing shots this being one of the best with the ak.

-
Back