any harley-davidson guys here?

-
Doesn't Buell have a 1200 engine pumpin out 100 HP out of the box?

Prine, an old Kowie bike like that is fine by me. I'm not a crotch rocket bike fan and most of the riders I meet at work or other turn into morrons just talking about the bike. Riding crazy is out. Spirted I can do. But slow and easy is the way I like gettin it done.

Take care of that old bike.

That-A-boy there thanson. Ride with pride.

Whats the new one's year and engine cc? Looks pretty good in all black. (Something I'm not normally a fan of.)
That BSA looks in half way decent shape. Workin on that one? I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

The dyna is a 1999 , twin cam 88 cu.in. it is one of the first ones made , i bought it in aug of 98. these things run great with just some fine tuning and bolt on parts, plus the five speed held up well in two years of dragstrip running, i did have to put in a stiffer pressure plate for the clutch, overall this is the most maintance free H-D i ve owned..... and oh yea..I was spotting those big kaws at the track and running them down....

The old BSA is a 650 spitfire mark 4 .... one of the more rare ones...I rode it back in the late 90s ...been sitting in the barn since then ..maybe some day I will have the time to restore it .....

for those of you that didnt catch on ...these two bikes are the same one,the brown dresser was the origional one ....the second picture is after i up dated it to my likes.....it is a 1980 flht....five speed shovel head 80 cu.in.
I think it was a great improvement.....

bike photos (Small).jpg

bike photos 002 (Small).jpg

this one is a 1974 superglide 74 cu.in. It was my first new H-D and i got it in 1973. customized it that same winter and then rode it across the country and back, it all it was in three countries and both oceans . I put over 50k miles on it in 8 months.. only had one repair ..the key switch, tires and chain go without saying.
this photo in in santa barbara in 1974.

bike photos 006 (Small).jpg

this one is a 1974 superglide 74 cu.in. It was my first new H-D and i got it in 1973. customized it that same winter and then rode it across the country and back, it all it was in three countries and both oceans . I put over 50k miles on it in 8 months.. only had one repair ..the key switch, tires and chain go without saying.
this photo in in santa barbara in 1974.

now that kicks ***!! i have a good friend of mine that in 1975 him and some friends rode from CT to Alaska, they had to re ring a sportster in a alley in denver......i appreciate riders like you, most of the riders of today dont know what there missing by doing a cross country trek..i just did it this month, CT to SoCal...in my truck, but it ALMOST had that same feeling...i did cruise some of whats left of the old RTE66 through oklahoma,texas,n. mexico,arizona,and cali....its something i think any caror bike lover should do atleast once...

In my opinion, the only thing that comes close to a screamin' small block mopar is cruisin' on my Harley. Did a 9650.5 mile cross-country trip last summer with my son and a cousin that included 26 states and 1 Canadian province. Left my home in CT on 5/10, pulled back in the driveway on 6/14. That included a week of R&R in Myrtle Beach SC, and another one at Lake Tahoe. Amazing journey.

How did I miss this thread? Hellyea longtime Harley rider. I was also a certified MC safety instructor State of Ct. up until spring '04. My current ride since '06 has been a Road Glide. I actually ride daily so long as there is no ice in the drive or severe winter conditions. I commute 67 mi. roundtrip per day . Use Gerbings heated gear, nothing but a T shirt on underneath even if the temps are in the teens. Had a '98 RoadKing before the Glide, sold it with 156,000 miles on the odometer. Did several X-country trips on that ol' gal. Went through a pair of dreadful Dyna Glides before I switched to the FLH-FLT. That experiment lasted roughly 60K each bike. That chassis design SUCKS. {FTF, yuppie money theiving bastards.} They should have stayed with the FXL frame. Before I went H-D in '91 I rode anything I could get my paws on. Had a Honda CM cruiser just before my first Lowrider that I wore out and some Kawi bucket of bolts from my brother-in-law before that. The irony of me riding Harleys is with the exception of a handfull of guys I ride with all the riders I gravitate towards ride touring Honda or BMW's. Nowadays you just cant seem to find fellow HD enthusiast who enjoy aggressive time in the saddle or a quick 10,000 mile trip. {garage,polish, bar down the street, back to garage.total 16 miles}
One pic is from the saddle of the '06 Glide I have from Rte. 129 "Deals Gap" the Tail of the Dragon". The 3 of us in Badlands NP August '05-me up front on my FLHR and one at Grandfather Mtn in NC.

Nowadays you just cant seem to find fellow HD enthusiast who enjoy aggressive time in the saddle or a quick 10,000 mile trip.
Aint it the truth. Though a 10G ride is a bit out of the box for me. My trouble is time. Having to little ones is a crimp puts a on things time wise.
Gettin off this island, unless very early start times are done, can be a long time in waiting.
"Deals Gap" the Tail of the Dragon".
I thought that was great. 318 turns in 11 miles. WOW!
I'll just have to remember not to do it on the weekend again. Far to many rocketeers racing around and passing you in wacked spots of turns and double yellow lines. Poor Harley Guys can't cruise and enjoy.

Prine, even though it was a search on who has a Harley, another make, in example of old ones are a welcome site to see and any biker can jump in on the thread IMO and ride with me so long as there a casual rider. Anybody have the need for crazy stunts, moves and speed, please proceed far a head of me. I'll meet you there later.

Bousa riders and the like have there bikes for there style of riding. And thats great. Just not for me.
(I wish they would stop guming up traffic for wheelie contests)

I should say there actually is some pre-trip itienary in place before one of those X country jaunts.. Its fun......and refreshing to meet other riders from all over the country like up in Rocky Mtn Natl. Park or the Blue Ridge who rode there from afar and have the same common interest and a flair for adventure.
We found the race track "aka dragons tail" is open for touring rigs and cruisers until 11am. Then the competitions and time trials begin. They should close that road down to 4 wheelers and campers/trucks.

8)three reasons, one is that the stock rev limiter on an 883 is 500 rpm higher than on a stock 1200, i thought the 1200 and 883 had the same cams but 883 must have a different cam that gives it more low end power. The main reason is that the insurance company sees the bike as an 883:snakeman: and will charge me insurance for an 883 not a 1200. Im 18 and they think they need to get a small fortune off me for insurance if have a 1200. Plus when I put a 1200 kit in i want to do some head port work anyway

oh ok... lol. i was just wondering.. definatley a good reason.

How did I miss this thread? Hellyea longtime Harley rider. I was also a certified MC safety instructor State of Ct. up until spring '04. My current ride since '06 has been a Road Glide. I actually ride daily so long as there is no ice in the drive or severe winter conditions. I commute 67 mi. roundtrip per day . Use Gerbings heated gear, nothing but a T shirt on underneath even if the temps are in the teens. Had a '98 RoadKing before the Glide, sold it with 156,000 miles on the odometer. Did several X-country trips on that ol' gal. Went through a pair of dreadful Dyna Glides before I switched to the FLH-FLT. That experiment lasted roughly 60K each bike. That chassis design SUCKS. {FTF, yuppie money theiving bastards.} They should have stayed with the FXL frame. Before I went H-D in '91 I rode anything I could get my paws on. Had a Honda CM cruiser just before my first Lowrider that I wore out and some Kawi bucket of bolts from my brother-in-law before that. The irony of me riding Harleys is with the exception of a handfull of guys I ride with all the riders I gravitate towards ride touring Honda or BMW's. Nowadays you just cant seem to find fellow HD enthusiast who enjoy aggressive time in the saddle or a quick 10,000 mile trip. {garage,polish, bar down the street, back to garage.total 16 miles}
One pic is from the saddle of the '06 Glide I have from Rte. 129 "Deals Gap" the Tail of the Dragon". The 3 of us in Badlands NP August '05-me up front on my FLHR and one at Grandfather Mtn in NC.
tom340: you hit the nail on the head man! Nice pics too. Looking forward to my next long distance jaunt. I'm thinking Nachez Trace this season. Did The Tail in '06 along with Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge. Been to Bike Weeks at Myrtle Beach, Daytona, Sturgis, Ocean City, Laconia, tired of the big crowd scene. Now I ride with a group of 5 or 6 other guys and lean more toward the open road. Keep the shiny side up, Stay Well.

We found the race track "aka dragons tail" is open for touring rigs and cruisers until 11am. Then the competitions and time trials begin. They should close that road down to 4 wheelers and campers/trucks.
That is not a race track, but a state road open for public use like any other street.
The rice burnig/racer crowd thinks it is a personal; race track and often cause problems there.
So said the locals to me.

i used to own a 98 S1W also,that was a awesome bike! i still love the tube framers,hows yours for reliability? 1 stator 2 batteries in the 3 years i owned the 98.. the 05, knock on wood, other than a clutch cable and primary cover..its been good.... as for the gearing, i think they are geared lower numericaly than the sportster..overall.

Mine has been pretty good, outside of things that I've done to it over the years. Having kids has put a cramp in my riding time. I put 36,000 miiles on it the first six years of owning it. Maybe 2500 in the last five. Snapped the drive belt and clutch cable on the same day last summer.

I "ride to live, and live to ride" But.........I do not RIDE a Harley.

Harley's are like Chebbies, everyone has one.

I ride a 1976 Kawasaki KZ900.

DSC05526-1.jpg

I like nostalgia Muscle Bikes......wish I could afford a Kawasaki 750 Turbo...

Yeah - I have one of those, too. And it's for sale.. :) It doesn't matter WHAT you ride - just THAT you ride.

That is not a race track, but a state road open for public use like any other street.
The rice burnig/racer crowd thinks it is a personal; race track and often cause problems there.
So said the locals to me.
When we were there I was checking out the campgrounds/staging area on the NC side of 129 closer to Fontana. Got to talk to many of the sportbike riders. Although it IS technically a public road, both professional and novice racers trailer their race bikes from all over the USA and Canada to compete. Negotiating the cruisers, autos and foolish campers are part of the risk associated with the road. You can buy detailed maps of the road with info like suggested lean angles, and there are markings painted on the roadway to identify specific dangers etc. I had a link to a website I visited about 2 yrs ago, they avg. about 1,100 cycle accidents per year. About 300 of them are serious. There were over 100,000 accident pics posted on this website! Of course, you would see 10 or more of the same gruesome accident from various angles. Those metric sportbikes are not my bag. I've ridden them and I compare them to a "one-trick pony". Fun for a few minutes, they handle just so unbelievably. Other than competition, as useless as tits on a bull elephant.

Deadeye, Good luck with the new bike. (Can you make the picture bigger?)

Tom, I hear ya. Troubling words. Part of the course. Scarry thought thinking one of them could be crashing into me.

Other than that, great place to ride huh? Those other conecting roads are great! I'm gonna have to return one day for sure!

tom340: you hit the nail on the head man! Nice pics too. Looking forward to my next long distance jaunt. I'm thinking Nachez Trace this season. Did The Tail in '06 along with Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge. Been to Bike Weeks at Myrtle Beach, Daytona, Sturgis, Ocean City, Laconia, tired of the big crowd scene. Now I ride with a group of 5 or 6 other guys and lean more toward the open road. Keep the shiny side up, Stay Well.
I am just as tired of the whole bike-week croud deal myself. For some reason I rode to like 10 Laconias in a row until '01. :) New Hampshire is still there before and after bikeweek. More enjoyable without all the pretentious warriors . When we did our trip in '05 we hit Rapid & Sturgis the week before. Trailers were scarce, except behind the Harley FL's and Wings & Valks. Still plenty of scooters, but all serious scooter tramps and good folks. I wanna go back out to Colorado real soon- I blew up an aftermarket Evo V2 in Denver and never did get to ride the Million Dollar Highway. (RevTech strokers suck) I did get to miss out on 100+ deg. temps in Missouri and Kansas on the return trip if there was a positive to all that. My new RGlide has the police fan kit and premium oil cooler.

New Hampshire is still there before and after bikeweek. More enjoyable without all the pretentious warriors
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MEN!!!!!!!!

Deadeye, Good luck with the new bike. (Can you make the picture bigger?)

Tom, I hear ya. Troubling words. Part of the course. Scarry thought thinking one of them could be crashing into me.

Other than that, great place to ride huh? Those other conecting roads are great! I'm gonna have to return one day for sure!
I found this book, er book(s) on all these awesome roads in NC, SC, Ga, Va, W. Va. OMG :-\" some cool roads! I highlighted most of them on my NC atlas . "Motor Cycle Adventures" series. One for the southern appalachains by Hawk Hagebak and another book from Dale Coyner. Probably some of the best roads for cycling in the country. I took tons of pics from my '06 trip. Pic 1-view of Cherahola Skyway still in NC..pic2: BRP at the Lincove viaduct bridge and pic3: we saw like 12 black bears in and around the SmokeyMtn Park. this guy came the closest at a pulloff early AM in the cooler highcountry. Was oblivious to us. It never made eyecontact. Saw a mama bear with triplets in Cades Cove but way too far for interesting photo.

My bro in law really needs a 21 inch front wheel,for his 97 1200 sporster.Any body on here have one?Pm me if you do,thanks

I would love to have a RoadKing or a Roadglide, but if I get one I'll have to get rid of the duster!

-
Back