Any Ideas on Doug's Headers?

-

Gandy Dancer

Reaction score
View attachment downsized_0507111856.jpg

View attachment downsized_0507111856a.jpg

Hello FABO - I have installed a set of Doug's headers into my 66 plymouth Baarracuda on a 318. Everything was going good until I went to reinstall my steering linkage. The idler arm swings back to far and contacts the base of the headers. The idler arm needs to move forward about 3 inches in order to clear the headers. Does anyone have any ideas for this problem, other than buying another set of headers? Thanks!

Something doesn't look right. Is the engine in the car all the way? Correct early a-body engine brackets/mounts?

engine installed correctly? you using the correct steering linkage? did you buy the correct header?

The part number for the Doug's Headers is D453. If they are to big, do you think that there is either a way to modify the pipes, or modify the length of the idler arm?

You bought the ones made for the later a bodies. You need to order the early a body ones, part number D450. If you bought them new try and return them and order the correct ones otherwise put them up for sell here and someone will buy them.

Ok Looks like I will have to hunt down som D50's. I would imagin they run around the same price as the D453s. Ok thanks guys I'll probably have those up for sale pretty soon. Anybody have any D450s they are trying to sell?? Thanks!

-
Back