Any Interest in Aluminum Racing/Street Components?

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Just putting some feelers out if there's any interest in aluminum racing and street components like battery boxes, oil pans, valve covers, etc at affordable prices??

Just thinking here.

Battery Box, door panels, rear 1/4 panels and what about an air seal box for the carb for cars with hood scoops

Battery Box, door panels, rear 1/4 panels and what about an air seal box for the carb for cars with hood scoops

Didnt think about seal boxes. That might get messy though with the different intakes, hoods, and carb selection. lol

You'd prob have to glue the aluminum quarters to existing steel, unless you're using dezuze fasteners or something.

Didnt think about seal boxes. That might get messy though with the different intakes, hoods, and carb selection. lol

You'd prob have to glue the aluminum quarters to existing steel, unless you're using dezuze fasteners or something.

The carb plate would just be a flat piece of alumn. cut out for the carb and foam.

I like the idea. I am not sure of anything else right now.

Slant six valve cover in TIG welded Aluminum with matching air cleaner top. That would be pretty cool.

An aluminum slant 6 head that is taller than stock overall so it can have bigger/taller ports. Course then it'd also need new designed headers and intake to match and longer pushrods and head bolts. If I knew anything about forging and had equipment this is a project is wanna see about.

Just putting some feelers out if there's any interest in aluminum racing and street components like battery boxes, oil pans, valve covers, etc at affordable prices??

Just thinking here.

How about basically anything that isn't currently available?

Aluminum front bumper brackets for a 1966 Valiant :glasses7:

YES, for any of the A bodies!!

Contact Scott over at slantsix.org, goes by CNC-Dude. He CNC'd an AL slant six head and showed it off. But no takers...$3500-$4500 bucks? http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewt...ostorder=asc&highlight=aluminum+head&start=15

And why would they? YOu can put together a smokin budget engine or almost buy a crate engine for that.

Aluminum bumper brackets, any alum. body part, lightweight bumpers. These are all things alot of Brand X guys have that we're stuck having to deal with cheapo fibreglass.

Yea I'd think for $3500-4500 you should get the head, intake, header/manifold, gaskets and still have enough to buy a used slant.

X3 on the bumper brackets. It'd be nice to have all the feather duster parts repopped in all models

-
Back