Any LH fans out there?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Anyone here a fan of Chryslers LH cars? What are your thoughts if you have owned one? I am looking into a 2002 Chrysler 300m special. Just trying to get as many opinions as possible. I have researched quite a bit online but it's the personal opinions and experience that count the most. Figured there are a few people on here who know about them.

Thanks for any feedback.

Anyone here a fan of Chryslers LH cars? What are your thoughts if you have owned one? I am looking into a 2002 Chrysler 300m special. Just trying to get as many opinions as possible. I have researched quite a bit online but it's the personal opinions and experience that count the most. Figured there are a few people on here who know about them.

Thanks for any feedback.
My brother had one, had way over 150,000 had no problems with it to speak of, I have heard the 2.7 engines are crap, he had a 3.5 I think, The paper sales man that I buy my paper from had one gave it to his daughter, that one has 240,000 hasn't had too much, he said he put a rebuilt tranny in it at 200,000, not sure why he did that but anyway if you stay away from the 2.7 if they even come with that, you should be ok IMO.

My mother has a '99 Intrepid. Not sure what engine she has. She bought it new & it's the cheap model. She had to put a sensor in the trans a few years back because it didn't want to shift out of 2nd & recently had to put a bit of money into some other sensors or something. I would imagine she has spent around $500 on repairs since she bought it in January of 1999. I think it has about 80,000 miles on it. Only other money she has spent on it is on routine maintenance (Walmart oil changes), which she is pretty religious about, & I think one battery & one set of tires. She seems to like the car as well as any other she's ever had & she's in her eighties.

Oh yeah. she says she gets 30 something mpg on the highway.

had the 1st year intrepid, 3.3 V6 loaded. Very good car, peppy performance for it's size and not bad on fuel. Kinda wish I still had it.

My 98 Intrepid ES 3.2 has 145,000 miles on it, and my 2001 300M 3.5 has 76,000 on it. Both have been ultra-reliable. Both have had routine service-brakes, tires, oil/trans. fluid and filter changes, etc. I did a scheduled timing belt/water pump replacement on the Intrepid at 90,000, and replaced the struts at 100,000. I did have to replace the transmission output and input sensors on the Intrepid at around 60,000 and the #3 injector at 136,000. Both cars get good mileage (30 hwy on the Intrepid, 28 hwy on the 300M) and are good performers. It's my opinion that under no circumstances should you consider an LH car with the 2.7 engine UNLESS you know with absolute certainty that it was run from the very beginning with synthetic oil that was changed regularly.

My folks had a '96 with the 3.5L. It was the only car I ever driven that got closer to the road pushing triple digits. Never did too much to it, other than a water pump and timing belt. The 3.3 is a bulletproof pushrod, chain driven engine.

When my wife and I bought her Hyundai I was on the look out for an Inteprid, but the only ones I could find were 2.7L. Oiling issues if the previous owner didn't take care of it, so I wasn't willing to risk my money on the previous owner's maintenance schedule.

i had a 97 concorde with the 3.5. used to click off 16.20's in the quarter mile (one weekend when i broke the dart and already had a race ticket) and get around 20 mpg. only maint i had was a tranny failure at 140,000, and i put a set of struts on it once. other than that great car i beat the hell out of. sold it to a neighbor girl at 160,000 and minus a break line replacement, she's still driving it and it runs like a champ. one word of negativity on these cars..carefully check the rockers, and lower door seam for rust...i love chrysler but they did have some rotting issues 90's-early 2000's...mine had a random rust spot on the rear quarter by the door...but a quick once over will help ya pick a solid one.

I have heard many horror stories involving the 2.7. Thankfully all 300m's have the 3.5.

Thanks for everyone feedback

-
Back