Any members in Detriot.

-

kork340

Reaction score
Anybody in Detriot area, I am looking for info on Colonial Dodge. Was a dealership on Gratiot Ave, East Detriot. Anyone know it? Is it still around? If so can you PM me a contact number there? That is where my Warlock was bought and was hoping to contact them and see if they had any records going back to 77.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

You got it right, "was a dealership on Gratiot Ave" sorry to tell you that they did not survive the dealership consolidation brought about by the bankruptcy. But if it makes you feel any better, they wouldn't have even had the 1977 truck parts catalog, let alone any records on your Warlock. What color is your Warlock?

Thanks. I kinda figured the closed when the number I have for them was disconected. Was kinda hoping they stayed open as a used car lot.
My truck is black. The original owner said there were two on the lot the day he was there, a green one and the black one. He bought the black one and drove it home to Pa. where its been ever since. I am 2nd owner. Hard to document them. I have his order sheet and cashier receipts from the day he bought it.

I've got a '79 Warlock II, and you are right it is very hard to document them. About the best you can hope for is the order form, the build sheet, and the under hood equipment sticker(s). Chrysler record keeping was poor in the late 70's. It is known how many pink 4 speed 340 Swingers were made in 1970, but no one knows how many Warlocks were made.

Attachments

• 0601091911.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 72
I hear ya swinger367. I'm missing the under hood sticker and the radiator support tag. The order sheet is all I have. Nice truck ya got there. 318 or 360? Just put the original grille back in mine today. Looks better than with the 72-76 grille that was in it.

Attachments

• 77 Warlock (32) small.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 65
It has a 318 in it, I picked up a 360 to drop in it before I actually had the truck in my possession. When I got the truck and dug through the glove box what do I find but the paperwork for the remaned engine that was installed 19k miles ago. :blob: As soon as I get some time I'm swapping out the 2bbl for a Holley 600 on a Mopar M1 dual plane. I don't like the port mismatch, but it is collecting dust in the garage so I might as well use it.

-
Back