Any mopar car clubs out there?

-

1967 'cuda

Dropped on Head as a Baby
Reaction score
The other day I was talking with a buddy of mine about starting a local Mopar car club. Chrysler cars are poorly represented at the shows around here and we thought we could drum up more participation by Mopars if we formed a club of our own. There are already a number of Ford and Chevy clubs in the area.

One of the first steps we need to take is to come up with a name. I'd like to know if any of you belong to any local Mopar car clubs in your areas. If so, what did you name them? Thanks.

President of Inland Mopars Car Club, based in SoCal.
We accept any Chrysler car or truck - or you can just be a Chrysler enthusiast.
We have our 14th annual charity-benefit car show, "Mopars In May At CSDR", scheduled for May 18. We also have monthly meetings in the banquet room of a restaurant located in the geographic center of most of our club members home loations. We meet for breakfast and then hold our monthly meeting after.
We also have monthly activities and a monthly newsletter.
PM me your email address and I'll send you some more info.

How big of a club is it? Does it encompass all Chrysler cars? Do you guys put on events? Have meetings? Newsletters?

We have about 100 members... All Chrysler Cars... (Old & New)
Yes, we have events and a yearly major car show... Meetings are the first Thursday of every month at a local Dealer... (Bill Luke Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAM) and a monthly news letter!!!

Attachments

• MUOA.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 219
When you guys state that your clubs have newsletters, are they printed on paper and mailed newsletters or are they via email?

When you guys state that your clubs have newsletters, are they printed on paper and mailed newsletters or are they via email?

News letters are printed in color on paper and handed out at the monthly meetings... and snail mailed to members who miss the meeting... Or... They can opt for the email newsletter... I like the hard copy!

Out of curiosity (because I have no former experience with car clubs), what kind of things do you do other than car shows and meetings? Charitable events, contests, stuff like that?

It would be cool to have a national level club with several sub divisions per state :)

Out of curiosity (because I have no former experience with car clubs), what kind of things do you do other than car shows and meetings? Charitable events, contests, stuff like that?

It would be cool to have a national level club with several sub divisions per state :)

I'm curious about all those things as well. Maybe if there are enough responses we can get a list of local Mopar car clubs in every state. Then maybe form affiliations. I like the idea of a club being local so that it's accessible. But clubs could always interact.

Charitable events for sure... also very popular are the "Tech Sessions" where we work on members cars teaching and or learning...
Then there are the Cruising together to outside events like "Cruise to Vegas" for "Mopars At The Strip"...
We also have picnics, parties... and cruise together to local car hangouts...

I hope they aren't a bunch of upity old dudes.... Plenty right here on FABO.

Our club will print for those that do not have email or prefer a printed version. But to help reduce cost most simply get it emailed to them

Our club dues is $30 for year and includes one t shirt, husband and wife are both members and have rights if married couple

Cars shows are the way they raise money along with dues. We did 50/50 till they said we had to have permits or risk fines or arrest.

Some advertising on the web site raises some money and a few supporters.

JDRF is the charity that we raise money for and attend their walk and show the cars off at the event.

Have thought about trying to start a Mopar club in the Louisville area, there are some really nice cars and people that love them.

The club does cruises, get togethers, pitch ins, movie night, slot car racing and just make good friends that enjoy each others company.

Our newsletters are e-mailed monthly, used to be printed. I believe we are closing in on 300 members. We do club car shows, Cruises, Set up booths at local shows. Our big show is Mopar Madness at Virginia Motorsports Park in Petersburg,VA. And now is Joined with the Mega Mopar Action series. We make one big donation to the Food Bank of VA every year around Thanksgiving. A really good group of people all with the same interests and passion for anything MOPAR related ! A few club members on here as well ... oh yeah, and our yearly Club picnic sponsored and Food provided by Hall VA Beach Dodge dealership .

Mopars of Las Vegas,, If it weren't for Ed being a take charge guy I doubt that there would be a club. You need someone to be devoted to send info, e-mails, contacts,set up a web site,Also someone that will devote all of his free time to find out all things auto related in your area. Because of the club there are benefits,, Music videos, Movies, Business openings etc.They are filming a movie now and contacted the club for cars to be driven only by the owners and the owners also get to be extras in the film. Can be fun stuff with some work .

Our club will print for those that do not have email or prefer a printed version. But to help reduce cost most simply get it emailed to them

Our club dues is $30 for year and includes one t shirt, husband and wife are both members and have rights if married couple

Cars shows are the way they raise money along with dues. We did 50/50 till they said we had to have permits or risk fines or arrest.

Some advertising on the web site raises some money and a few supporters.

JDRF is the charity that we raise money for and attend their walk and show the cars off at the event.

Have thought about trying to start a Mopar club in the Louisville area, there are some really nice cars and people that love them.

The club does cruises, get togethers, pitch ins, movie night, slot car racing and just make good friends that enjoy each others company.

- Sounds like a fun club to be in.

Our newsletters are e-mailed monthly, used to be printed. I believe we are closing in on 300 members. We do club car shows, Cruises, Set up booths at local shows. Our big show is Mopar Madness at Virginia Motorsports Park in Petersburg,VA. And now is Joined with the Mega Mopar Action series. We make one big donation to the Food Bank of VA every year around Thanksgiving. A really good group of people all with the same interests and passion for anything MOPAR related ! A few club members on here as well ... oh yeah, and our yearly Club picnic sponsored and Food provided by Hall VA Beach Dodge dealership .

So do you have a team of guys working on everything? Or is it (for the most part) run by one person who keeps things organized? 300 members is pretty big. - And would probably be a ton of work for one person to handle. I was hoping to get around 20 here.

Mopars of Las Vegas,, If it weren't for Ed being a take charge guy I doubt that there would be a club. You need someone to be devoted to send info, e-mails, contacts,set up a web site,Also someone that will devote all of his free time to find out all things auto related in your area. Because of the club there are benefits,, Music videos, Movies, Business openings etc.They are filming a movie now and contacted the club for cars to be driven only by the owners and the owners also get to be extras in the film. Can be fun stuff with some work .

- Sounds like you're pretty happy with the way Ed is keeping it going. What kind of film is it going to be? A film just for member enjoyment about Mopars? - Or a movie style film with actors and a script? It sounds really cool already!

-
Back