Any Mopar guys in West Michigan.Grand Rapids area

-

71duster06

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone out there live near Grand Rapids and gets out much. Im out a lot and never see any Mopars...gets depressing

Hit up the 28th street cruise this summer I'm from the cadillac area and went last year. There were lot's of nice mopars and other makes too.

yeah ive been to all three of them....cool cars but its not set up very well...no real "cruise" but the sweet cars do offset that

I'm in Kalamazoo. We have quite a few Mopars running around town and the Gilmore Barns show in the summer has a big turn out of Mopars. I've been up to the 28th street cruise and also cruise the gut in Battle Creek!

The Vicksburg Car Show has a fair amount of Mopars each year. That's coming up the second Saturday in June. Won't be long!!!

I'm in Grand Rapids. Every once in a while I'll see a Mopar, usually a 'Cuda or Charger. Other than that, those are the only two I see running around.

My car is a daily driver, so if you see a '71 Valiant with a heavy metal flake burnt orange body and black roof this summer, that's me.

I'm in the Three Rivers area, we have a few around. You need to go to the dust off May 3, 8 am - 3 pm in Mendon .

Dan

I am in Decatur about 30 Mi. S.W. of Kalamazoo. Very small town, maybe one or two neat Mopars here. Hope to be in Mendon on May 3rd.

im up in the ann arbor area. new to mopars though so i dont really know of any cruises around here.

Still there too, sort of. I'm living in Zurich, Switzerland now but come back a couple times a year for holidays and visits. Just began restoring my 69 Dart while home over Christmas this past year; new floors, mini-tub, frame connectors. The next trip it's going to be a new trunk floor, install the cross member for an RMS Street-lynx, sand blast the engine compartment and undercarriage followed by a coat of Rust Bullet. It's been about 7 years since my Dart has been on the road and I'm real stoked just to be working on it again. Can't wait to get back, my father-in-law is picking up a Gen III hemi in a month or two, had an 8 3/4 picked up last summer, need to find a T-5, AND I need to sell some stuff I ripped off the car which is now sitting underneath it. Thankfully I have a gracious mother who is letting me keep my car in her garage until I move back to the states, still about 4 years out though. I'd like to have the car on the road by then but it's not likely. Don't want to rush it just to drive it. Do it right the first time and not do it again. Next time I'm back, we may have to meet up.

hey 71duster06 I'm not from Mich., but had to ask is that the mighty mac in the background of your avitar, have I seen your duster atSt.Ignace top of the hill I think. I have been going since 2002 in my belvedere wagon(listed in the cars for sale section), plan on taking my 69 cuda this year.

:blob:I live in K-zoo, I hit Martin with my Duster, and we cruise K-zoo alot in the summer with the wifes 66 SPORT Fury.:blob:

005.jpg

I live in Muskegon. There are a few nice Mopars around here but I'm somewhat new to the Mopar scene so I don't know many of the people who own them. I have went to the car show at K&M Dodge in GR and there were some really nice classic Mopars there. I also go to the all Mopar show at the Gilmore Car Museum....Mopars at the Red Barns it's called. Lots of sweet Mopars there. I plan on going to the Mopar Nationals at Martin Dragway in July too. Anyone else planning on going to that? Should be awesome. It was rained out last year.

First pic.jpg

Im in GR!! Mine is not on the road, but I have friends that I know have 3 roadworthy darts.. Mine is a sport, but theirs are all swingers... You should check out dog dogs in Grandville by 28th and wilson on friday or saturday nights.. There are normally a few of us out there... Last week had a 78 aspen RT w/20,000 orig. miles... I know i know.. F body... but still a mopar!!

I used to live in Grand Rapids. Just moved to Iowa for work. My son still lives in GR and has a 70 Dart Swinger. You might want to check out www.southsidestreetcars.org That is the local car club that hangs out at Dawg Dogs in Grandville. There are several Mopars in the club.

Here is a pic of my son's Dart.
chris_dart_racing.jpg

-
Back