Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 322
That is cool and in very good shape., Keep us posted on the assembly. tmm

My plans right now are to get it running and clean it up. I think it would be a shame to do a full restoration on this.

That is an awesome find...... have never seen one like that, but it is a very cool piece. Keep us posted on the rebuild!

I couldn't pass it up, spent the money I had saved to rechrome the bumpers on my Barracuda. Sigh.....

That's nice. I'm thinking of "gasolizing" my trike. It's got electric boost for now, but with my arthritis, pedaling is getting to be a think of the past

Here's an update on my bike. I bought a running engine off eBay. The original engine has way too many parts missing. Also located an original motor mount. I put a throttle control/ hand grip off a Chinese scooter until I can find an original. After a few cranks, it fired up! I need to find a rebuild kit for the carburetor because it doesn't run very well, I guess after laying in a box for 60 years it's to be expected.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 248
My brother had a Whizzer bike, I rode that bike a lot. Yours looks great, be sure to ride it and have fun!

What year is that? Tell me/us about it, some history and such things for people who know nothing of these old bikes.

Mine is not as cool as yours but I built it back in 2001 and 2002. It is a 1950 Schwinn with new Whizzer parts (repro) plus the new Chinese :):)() engine. Fun to ride but it is too nice to go anywhere 'cause I can't go in a store and leave it. It is not heavy enough to keep it from being carried away so it is hard to lock. It is now pinstriped so I will get a new photo to share later.

Attachments

• Bike 2 April (1).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 241
Pretty Cool!!!!
Nice find, my first Harley was a chopped 48 pan.
Hows about some pics of both sides of your scooter
and a couple closeups of the motor.

I had a Whizzer,also a kit that was called a Bumblebee.It was a rear mount engine and drive wheel that ran off the rear tire. Cool set-up. Also into minibikes,they are re-making(I was told USA) the Taco Minibike. Kits start around $400 for the frame $850 roller. Around $1300 for a complete bike.

ok, here is liittle history. My wife called me and said her friend`s husbnd had a Wizzer motorbike for sale. I dont know much about mopeds, but I decided to look at it anyway. when he pulled it out of the barn, (yup its' a barn find LOL) it wasnt a Wizzer, but a Monark. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I heard of Wizzer, I never heard of a Monark. We talked a little bit and agreed on a price and I loaded it up and took it home.I got on the internet and started doing little research. It is a model st49 which designates it as a 1949 model. It was built by the Monark Silver King bicycle co. of Chicago, IL. The engine was made by Power Products in Grafton, WI. Power Products was bought out by Tucumseh in 1956. The Monark Super Twin was advertised as the first Turn-key motor bike at the time. The Wizzer and others were a kit. It was built between 1949 and 1954. Not many were built as they were expensive back in the day. Complete bikes like this are extremely rare and highly collectible. I have to admit, after learning more about it, I am feeling a little guilty what I paid for it. I have a video of it running if I can ever figure out how to post it.

A little update on my bike. Mecum has a 1951 model up for auction on April 13. This one is totally restored. The description says it was made by a Swedish company. There is a Monark bicycle company in Sweden which I believe is still in business, but hey did not make these bikes. The Monark Silver King Co. In Chicago made these. The description in the listing says there is only 3 known to exist. I got news for them, I got number 4! LOL!Seriously, I think there many more than 4, although they are still extremely rare in running condition. Here is a link: http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=HM0414-184696

I've got a Honda CT-90 buried somewhere in my shed. I REALLY need to get the thing out and get it running. I could actually get some good (or bad) out of it, depending on how you look at it.

Trouble is, here in Idaho, you need an MC endorsement, even for a low speed device as that

I bought a 1972 arctic cat ramrod off a neighbor a couple years ago for 150 bucks he bought it new in 72 for his kid and it had been in the barn for years. he thought the motor was locked up but it turned out to only be full of seeds that mice had put inside the side case long story short I sold it on ebay for 1500 bucks a month later after getting it running,, old mini bikes are cool I recently bought a 1970 benelli dynamo that I have got running and I think i'll keep it it has folding handlebars to carry it in your car trunk,.nice score on the monark

Benelli also made small bikes for Harley-Davidson, I lusted for a H-D "Shortster" back in the 70's as a kid. I found one at a H-D dealer in the late 90's with 30 miles on it. Dealer wouldn't sell it, story goes that the owner bought it, brought it back for adjustments and never came back for it. There it still sat 27 years later. Store owner died, Sons fought over the business,liquidated new inventory,they scrapped the rest of the inventory per court order. Only a dream now..Still love the little bikes.

-
Back