Any news on Speedworld

-
Last I heard Speedworld is done........:wack:

done, at least firebird will still run....planning on going for Nostalgia drags either Saturday night or Sunday (depending on how friggin hot it is by then) May 4th and 5th.

Too bad....that's what happens when Government has no regard for the people.

Uh, do you know what the owner has done?? Million dollar lawsuits, several mechanics leans on the property for unpaid bills in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Not living within the land use permits, etc.

The land was leased, now it's tied up in leans. How were they supposed to react?

state of Arizona owns the land that the track sit on....

state of Arizona owns the land that the track sit on....

Yup, and people are quick to condemn the powers that be for shutting the track down without even knowing about the stuff I posted.

The owner himself created the mess and the state is getting the blame.

yes..he did...you would think that the state and county would work to get the place opened up..cause they can not make any money with it closed....

but govt never wants to do the right thing..

yes..he did...you would think that the state and county would work to get the place opened up..cause they can not make any money with it closed....

but govt never wants to do the right thing..

From the research I did on the minutes of the meetings and the Maricopa County records they did give him ample time to rectify the situation, which he did not.

I guess he had exceeded the land use permits and they wanted him to update and comply with some issues and he just didn't do it.

I also have to believe the mechanics leans filed against the track and the owner had something to do with it. Not to mention the nearly one million dollar lawsuit. I have yet to find out exactly what that is about.

done, at least firebird will still run....planning on going for Nostalgia drags either Saturday night or Sunday (depending on how friggin hot it is by then) May 4th and 5th.

I thought firebird was on the way out too...their lease wasnt being renewed by the tribe that owns the land...

Uh, do you know what the owner has done?? Million dollar lawsuits, several mechanics leans on the property for unpaid bills in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Not living within the land use permits, etc.

The land was leased, now it's tied up in leans. How were they supposed to react?

Somewhat new to the area and was only going on what I was told by a former track worker.Seems you have knowledge of the other side of the story(which there always is) and made me realize I need more information before I make a statement.I would rather be corrected than be wrong.Thanks for the info.:eek:ops:

Somewhat new to the area and was only going on what I was told by a former track worker.Seems you have knowledge of the other side of the story(which there always is) and made me realize I need more information before I make a statement.I would rather be corrected than be wrong.Thanks for the info.:eek:ops:

I know, most people will just blame the local government for what's happening without really understanding the whole story.

It's possible the former track worker doesn't even know, he could be disgruntled about not having the work. The owner of the track was given time to correct the issues that the county wanted fixed and he just ignored it.

If you search Maricopa County records it's there for all to see.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is the lawsuit deal for 900 plus thousand dollars.

One thing that added to it was that the city or county (I didn't ask) wanted him to buy a new permit every time they needed to move any dirt around (which they needed to do all the time) with track maint and grounds changes.
He refused stating that he wanted at least a year at a time permit and they refused, insisting that every time he needed to move dirt that a new permit be purchased and he was being fined for non compliance.

Hope something happens out there. I really liked that track, it had that Mom & Pop feeling that Firebird is/was lacking. I liked Island Dragway when I lived in NJ for the same reason. Used to help a neighbor. He would avoid Englishtown at all costs......

Hope something happens out there. I really liked that track, it had that Mom & Pop feeling that Firebird is/was lacking. I liked Island Dragway when I lived in NJ for the same reason. Used to help a neighbor. He would avoid Englishtown at all costs......

I only went there a couple times before they closed and felt the same way. I've become tired of the National Event/Big track scene(Watched Bandimere in Denver go from a fun place to go too not fun at all).I would rather see a super fast door car race than a Top Fueler or Funny Car any day.

Seen in the paper this morning that Spokane County Raceway is bleeding money......with it being county owned and leased to a company to manage it can't help but wonder when they are going to start pounding the coffin nails in......

-
Back